Share this Story

3-year-old daughter of former NFL player dies in tragic accident helps empower women through articles and discussion related to women's issues including beauty, relationships and parenting.

Elsie Mahe died from window-cord strangulation

The daughter of former Philadelphia Eagles running back Reno Mahe died Tuesday, one week after a terrible accident occurred at the family’s home in Utah.

Three-year-old Elsie was playing with a friend at home when she became entangled in a mini blind, the cords wrapped around her neck.

Mahe and his wife Sunny announced their daughter’s death on social media, also sharing that they are donating Elsie’s organs. “She continues to sprinkle love and hope across the world and I am in awe of the Lord and His marvelous plan for my sweet girl,” wrote Sunny Mahe in a Facebook post.

According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, nearly one child a month dies from becoming tangled in a window cord. Window-cord strangulation is considered one of the top household dangers for children up to the age of 9. The commission urges parents to use cordless or inaccessible-cord window coverings, examine all window coverings for accessible cords and check regularly that any cords are out of reach of children.

Tagged in
New in Parenting

And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .

SheKnows is making some changes!

b h e a r d !

Welcome to the new SheKnows Community,

where you can share your stories, ideas

and CONNECT with millions of women.

Get Started