My kids started school this week and, like a lot of moms, I'm back to packing lunches.
I cook a great deal, and my kids (thankfully) like to eat leftovers for lunch. But at least once a week, they want something new... and they don't like sandwiches! I use this list of my top 25 lunches to plan my week/month. Pick and choose what you like and use my free menu planner.
My mom always packed me a healthy lunch, and on Friday I was allowed to buy pizza in the school cafeteria. I would usually have a tuna fish sandwich with Swiss cheese on rye bread and an apple, all packed into a brown paper bag. But since my kids don't like sandwiches much, here's my list of 25 healthy lunches they approve.
25 Healthy Kid Approved Lunches:
- Apple slices turned into peanut butter sandwiches, carrot sticks, baby tomatoes
- Chicken Caesar pasta, homemade pumpkin lunch cookie, strawberries
- Apple butter apple wrap with pumpkin seeds, crackers, apple slices, healthy banana oatmeal sponge cake bars.
- Chicken soft taco, banana, unsweetened applesauce pouch, mini carrot muffins
- Pasta salad with salami and mozzarella, blueberries, baby carrots
- Cucumber mini sandwiches, apple slices with peanut butter
- Easy chicken tortilla soup, trail mix, cornbread muffin
- Greek yogurt, granola, berries, mint
- Monster green smoothie, banana slices, trail mix
- Homemade “Lunchables” with turkey, cheese, wholewheat crackers, strawberries, unsweetened applesauce pouch
- Homemade pizza “Lunchable” with pita, pizza sauce, grated cheese, grapes, green olives, broccoli
- Hummus, pita, cucumber slices, carrot sticks, healthy banana oatmeal sponge cake bars
- The Laughing Cow cheese wedges, pretzels, grapes, healthy banana oatmeal sponge cake bars
- Macaroni and cheese, cup of fruit, carrot and celery sticks
- Pasta salad, cheese stick, apple, fruit leather, raw broccoli
- Mini Cheese tray: Brie cheese wedge, crackers, grapes, strawberries, baby carrots
- Mini salad pita pockets, pretzels, celery sticks, orange
- PB and J tortilla roll up, BB energy balls, grapes, bell pepper slices
- Peanut butter and Banana tortilla roll-ups, unsweetened applesauce pouch, celery sticks
- Simple chili, grapes, a cheese stick, trail mix
- Veggie turkey egg cups, watermelon cubes, banana, celery sticks
- Tomato basil Soup, garlic knots, strawberries
- Tuna fish, crackers, cheese stick, apple, raisins
- Tuna salad on bagel, dried fruit, cauliflower pieces
- Turkey and cream cheese tortilla wrap, dried fruit, baby tomatoes
For more information and recipes, please visit www.bethsblueprint.com and www.facebook.com/bethsblueprint1.