Whatever the occasion, there is sure to be a maternity outfit you'll love! Keep yourself stylish with these ideas.
Maternity wear has come a long way baby, and gone are the days of tent dresses and gigantic polyester pants. So why not take it all in stride and embrace your blossoming mother-to-be figure? Take a cue from these flattering maternity wear fashion ideas.
At the office
You don't need to hide your baby bump at the office, but it's important to keep up the professional standards of your workplace. Here are a couple of ideas to maintain your professional look:
- A wrap dress is flattering on almost any figure, including those in every stage of pregnancy! It's a great option for work, so choose one or more in your favourite colours. Isabella Oliver has a wrap dress available in four popular colours.
- Separates are an easy way to expand your wardrobe during pregnancy. A few key pieces can be mixed and matched to create any number of work-worthy outfits. Try adding a skirt that will go with everything, such as a black pencil skirt and a short-sleeve maternity wrap.
A wedding or formal event
Whether it's a night out on the town, a wedding or any other formal event, there is undoubtedly a perfect outfit for you. Here are some suggestions:
- Don't give up on the LBD during your pregnancy — just modify it a little bit. Keep yourself classically cool with a sleeveless, empire-waist dress that effortlessly drapes over your newly formed curves. MotherhoodMaternity is a great place to find the perfect "little black dress" — suitable for any formal occasion.
- Celebrate your pregnancy with a burst of colour! A splash of vibrant colour is au courant this season, so try out a pretty dress such as this one from evymama nursing and maternity; it's feminine and hugs a baby bump perfectly.
Kick back and enjoy the weekend with these easy fashion ideas:
- Capris are a summer staple, so don't sacrifice the comfort of these short pants just because you're pregnant. A pair in summer white such as these from Old Navy will help keep you cool over the warm summer months. And the best part? They can be paired with virtually any top! Make sure to add a pair of wedge sandals to complete your casual look.
- Weekend wear calls for a great pair of jeans. Try a pair of flared jeans that will work with virtually any shoe and be your go-to staple throughout your entire pregnancy.
Being at home is a time to completely relax and just be comfortable! Cozy up with these maternity wear ideas:
- A pair of lounge-worthy PJs always fits the bill for off-time, at-home wear. Forgo the T-shirt and sweats for a more stylish way to be comfortable, such as a 3-piece set of capri jammies.
- What if PJs aren't your style for at-home wear? Try a cute drawstring tank and a pair of yoga capris. These two are perfect for kicking back at home or heading for a prenatal workout.
5 Foods to avoid while pregnant
Preparing for baby