Photo Ornaments For Christmas
Turn a handmade ornament into a cherished keepsake by adding a precious family photo. These photo ornaments are easy enough for kids to make and the perfect holiday gift for friends and family.
Pom-pom wreath ornament
- Piece of cardboard
- Cup or bowl
- Sparkly pom-poms
- Trace around a cup or small bowl on the cardboard to make a circle. Trace around a second slightly smaller cup or bowl to draw a smaller circle within the larger circle.
- Cut out the wreath shape by cutting out the center circle, then cutting around the larger circle.
- Cover the front of the cardboard wreath with glue, then place the pom-poms in a single layer on the front of the wreath.
- Come back and glue a few additional pom-poms on top of the first layer of pom-poms.
- Once the glue is dry, flip the wreath over. Cut a piece of ribbon, fold it in half, and glue the fold to the back of the wreath. Tie a knot in the ribbon.
- Cut out a photo that is slightly larger than the inner opening of the wreath.
- Glue along the inner wreath opening on the back side of the wreath, then glue the picture to the back of the wreath.
Cookie cutter photo frame ornament
- Cookie cutter
- Pen or pencil
- Place the cookie cutter over the top of the photo, then trace around the cookie cutter with a pen or pencil.
- Cut out the photo.
- Cut a piece of ribbon and feed it through the cookie cutter. Tie a knot or a bow in the end and use a dab of glue to secure it in place.
- Run a small bead of glue along the back rim of the cookie cutter. Place the photo over the glue to secure it in place.
Glass photo ornament
- Glass or plastic ornament
- Mod Podge
- Puffy paint
- Cut out the photo so that it is small enough to fit on the front of your ornament.
- Paint the back of the photo with Mod Podge, then adhere the photo to the ornament.
- Once the Mod Podge has dried, trace around the photo with puffy paint.
- Decorate the rest of the ornament with designs, such as stars or snowflakes.
More holiday crafts for kids
Easy Christmas crafts for kids
Edible Christmas crafts
3 Easy snowflake crafts for kids