Getting your kids to learn their ABCs is more fun when you teach them through fun crafts for every letter of the alphabet!
Whether you're beating boredom or sneaking in a little learning, animal crafts can be made mostly from materials you already have laying around the house. From alligator clothespins to letter Z zebras, explore these animal crafts for kids from A to Z.
Alligator clothespin craft
Bring your kiddo's love for alligators to life with an animal clothespin craft that is quick and easy to make.
- Green paint
- Green pipe cleaner
- Green construction paper
- Wiggle eyes
- Craft glue
- Red paint
- Paint your clothespin green everywhere except the bottom.
- While your clothespin dries, cut 2 pieces from your green pipe cleaner to form the legs and arms, then bend in a V shape and bend again at the ends for feet and hands.
- Glue the pipe cleaner legs and arms inside the clothespin — one towards the back and one inside where the clip will open.
- Next, cut a strip of construction paper the same width as your clothespin and accordion fold it down the length of the strip.
- Now, place 2 dabs of glue on top of the clothespin leaving enough for the alligator's nose and affix the eyes. You'll also need to run a line of glue down the alligator's back and attach the accordion-folded construction paper to form bumps. You may need to lay it on its back until your glue is set.
- Finally, use your paintbrush to add a little red tongue just inside the clip's opening to make your friendly alligator animal craft complete.
Up next: Bear craft >>