Crafts To Make And Eat!
Edible crafts are twice the fun because first you get to make them, and then you get to eat them! Your little ones will love making these edible crafts to serve at your Thanksgiving feast.
Fruit turkey craft
- A pear
- Bamboo skewers
- Assorted fruit
- Slice of cheese
- Candy eyes
- Tube of decorative cake icing
- Cut 4 bamboo skewers so that they are 5 inches long.
- Poke the bamboo skewers into one side of the pear.
- Lay the pear on its side and cut off the bottom of the pear so that it has a flat surface to sit on.
- Slide piece of fruit on the bamboo skewers until the bamboo is completely covered.
- Cut a small triangle out of a slice of cheese and use the cake icing to adhere it to the front side of the pear.
- Stick two candy eyes to the pear above the beak with the cake icing.
Nutter Butter corn pops
- Nutter Butter cookies
- Peanut butter
- Lollipop sticks
- Green fruit roll-ups
- Carefully peel apart the two halves of the Nutter Butter cookie.
- Place a dollop of peanut butter inside one of the halves, press a lollipop stick into the peanut butter, then press the two sides back together.
- Cut a piece of fruit roll-up that is 4 inches long and 1 inch wide.
- Poke a hole in the center of the fruit roll-up strip with the lollipop stick, then slide the fruit roll-up the stick all the way to the Nutter Butter.
- Press the fruit roll-up into the sides of the Nutter Butter, then trim away any excess fruit roll-up with scissors.
Hershey Kiss acorns
- Hershey's Kisses
- Miniature Nilla Wafers
- Butterscotch chips
- Tube of cake decorating icing
- Squeeze a dab of cake decorating icing on the bottom of a Hershey's Kiss.
- Press the underside of a miniature Nilla Wafer into the icing.
- Place a small dab of icing on the underside of a butterscotch chip, then press the butterscotch chip into the center of the Nilla Wafer.
- Set the acorn aside until the icing hardens.
- Chocolate cake mix of your choice
- Chocolate icing
- Ice cream cones
- Decorative cake icing
- Thanksgiving sprinkles
- Prepare and bake the cupcakes according to the package directions.
- Once the cupcakes have baked and fully cooled, frost the top of the cupcakes with the chocolate icing.
- Turn an ice cream cone upside down and press it into the frosting on the cupcake.
- Decorate the ice cream cone with the decorative icing. Add stripes and patterns and a triangle for the door.
- Sprinkle Thanksgiving sprinkles in the frosting along the base of the ice cream cone.
More Thanksgiving crafts for kids
4 Easy Thanksgiving crafts for kids
Pinterest-inspired Thanksgiving crafts
Thanksgiving leaf wreath