Cute Ideas For The Kids’ Table At Thanksgiving
Skip the paper plates and licensed characters this holiday season. Set an adorable kids' table for your little ones at Thanksgiving dinner.
Don’t let your Thanksgiving kids’ table be an afterthought. Create a picture-perfect table setting for your little ones. We’ve picked out adorable serving accessories to create three different Thanksgiving themes.
The traditional Thanksgiving table
Fall colors, stitched details and lots of leaves make for a traditional Thanksgiving kids' table. Mirror your grownup style at a cute table for your children with these key items.
- Mailbox chairbacker (Pottery Barn Kids, $19) — For a cute take on holiday stockings, slip a special treat into each mailbox along with a note about why you're thankful for your child.
- Turkey place mat (Pottery Barn Kids, $22/set of 2) — Kids love turkeys, and this one is super cute. Use it as a place mat or as the centerpiece at the kids' table.
- Orange scallop-edge dinnerware (Target, $35/12-piece set) — Kid-friendly melamine cleans easily and is virtually impossible to break. This bright orange is perfect for fall entertaining.
- Chocolate turkey place card holder (Crate & Barrel, $5) — What kid doesn't want a built-in dessert right on the table? These chocolate place card holders are the perfect traditional touch.
The rustic Thanksgiving kids' table
Shabby chic translates well to children's decor. There's something utterly charming about a well-worn look. The same applies to place settings for Thanksgiving.
- Give thanks blocks (Pottery Barn Kids, $49) — Distressed wooden blocks stylishly spell out a Thanksgiving message. These can do double duty at the grownup table.
- Woven fiber bowl (Crate & Barrel, $40) — Create a rustic centerpiece using fall gourds and fruit. This eye-catching bowl can withstand little poking fingers.
- Burlap place mats (Etsy, $38/set of 6) — Your rustic kids' table isn't complete without a touch of burlap. Use these adorable place mats at every holiday gathering.
- Yellow plates (Crate & Barrel, $3) — Polished yellow gives your rustic table a touch of modern flair while brightening the whole table.
The modern Thanksgiving kids' table
Who says Thanksgiving has to look traditional? Go bold and stylish at your kids' table with modern colors. Best of all? You can use these place settings all year.
- Slim striped plate (Crate & Barrel, $3) — Kids will love the unique plate shape and you'll love the ability to reuse these chic melamine plates as appetizer plates next time you entertain.
- Woven place mats (Casa, $13/set of 4) — Carry the gray and geometric patterns into your place mats for a kids' table that isn't baby-ish at all.
- Slate place card holders (Crate and Barrel, $13/set of 4) — The modern gray scheme continues with sturdy place card holders that remind kids of a chalkboard.
- Concrete vase (Etsy, $25) Give your centerpiece a pop of color with a bright succulent planted in a chic modern vase.
More on Thanksgiving
Family activities for Thanksgiving morning
Thanksgiving gifts for your family
Holiday entertaining tips for a stress-free Thanksgiving