Is it possible to be pregnant and have absolutely no symptoms? Some women think the answer may be yes!

I post on the Pre-TTC board a lot, and have lurked several times this week here now that I'm in my first two week wait (2WW). Ok, so I've been really hoping for some symptoms, but I haven't really had any that I could definitely say are related to pregnancy. Today I think my boobs are a bit bigger, but that happens with aunt flo too. I'm about 11 days past ovulation (DPO) and worried that if I have no symptoms then I'm not pregnant. Is it possible to not have strong symptoms and still be pregnant? Be honest. Thanks so much! - Mo

I actually on the Preparing to TTC board a lot (and post every so often), so I have seen you around. It's my first 2WW also - crazy, isn't it? Anyway, in response to your question, I think it is very common to have no symptoms during the 2WW. Think of all those people out there who get pregnant by accident and have no idea until they have missed one (or sometimes two!) periods. Supposedly you typically don't see symptoms until after implantation, and since you are 11 (DPO), you may not have enough HCG built up in your system to experience symptoms yet. Either way, I definitely don't think that just because you are not feeling symptoms means that you are out of the running this cycle! It's not over until your period shows! When do you plan to test? - Julie

Hi! I posted this a week or so ago, but I didnt have a single symptom when I got pregnant with my son. I had thought we missed the window that month (I ovulated late on cd 21) and the only reason I tested when I did is because my temp shot way up at 14 days past ovulation (DPO). It took 30 minutes but I got my positive. I think once I found out I was pregnant, I started noticing the round ligament pain more. My boobs never got really big or sensitive, my morning sickness didnt start until after my first doctors appointment, and I was never one of those that had to pee ALL THE TIME. I didnt have to get up at night until 31 weeks, so I lacked alot of typical symtpoms and my son is living proof! Good luck and can't wait to hear your update. BTW, your chart looks pretty good! - Christine

Oh thanks so much Christine! I definitely needed to hear that. Very encouraging! I'm just hoping we timed the deed right. Fertility Friend says I ovulated on the 12th, but I think it was more like the 13th. It's just that missed temperature really has everyhting confused I think. I'm hoping that's the case because I would have liked to have gotten in one more deed BEFORE ovulation. We did the deed around noon on the 12th. Then late at night the next day. And then once again. Hope that did it. I'll let you know on Saturday. Thanks again! - Mo

Hey Mo! I just got a positive last Friday and I wanted to let you know that I had absolutely NO pregnancy symptoms and to this date have only had a few. For me, it just felt exactly like it does when AF is on her way. Good luck! - Megan

They are right, a lot of people don't have symptoms for a long time. The first one they get is no no period. I want to tell you too that your chart looks great. It looks like you are 3 days past a possible implantation dip. Testing on Sunday is good timing. Here is some babydust your way! I hope you get that positive test! - Mekhaela

Hello! Welcome to your first 2WW! It's a crazy ride, lemme tell ya! Yes, it is possible to not have symptoms and be pregnant. I hope you are! In case you aren't, though, try not to get discouraged. Healthy couples who are doing everything perfectly have only a 20% of conceiving each month, so it can take a few months sometimes. However, it is equally possible to hit a home run your first try! Good luck! - Melissa

Comments

Comments on "Pregnant but no symptoms?"

parveen April 01, 2014 | 11:27 PM

hi im pregnent for 2 month 15 days but i had no symptoms, i test in home reslt is positive plz tell im pregnent or not

Sofia Sainaz March 11, 2014 | 4:27 PM

Hi everyone I have not had my menses for ten weeks and two days now.did few test at home all were negative.I don't really have any symptoms as i have read but very tired at times and am hungry all the time.I have an appointment after two days for a scan.hopefully I get positive result as this will be my first baby.am trying to conceive for last two and a half years.could I be pregnant cos am never late for my menses.thanks

TimHinsi January 28, 2014 | 1:44 AM

Hi, does anyone have any tips about the most simple method to get their baby to sleep all night? I have read many books with ideas but I am still finding it very hard. Thanks you

Kiala January 05, 2014 | 9:32 PM

so I'm pretty paranoid I might be pregnant - I lost my virginity December 3, got my period December 9, it was completely normal (although it did come a little early, but I do have an irregular cycle) until it ended with light 'spotting'. I have no pregnancy symptoms, aside from mild bloating, which could be caused from something else and another thing that is odd for me is I have absolutely NO discharge, now January 6 and still no period either. could what I though was my period have been something else? I'm not pregnant, right? We did use a condom but I've read about pre ***, etc. sorry for so many questions, I'm just 17 and pretty freaked out! thanks for any feedback:)

Jeba J December 26, 2013 | 1:47 AM

6 days past ovulation and I really don't have symptoms! The wait is horrible and more horrible is the disappointment when AF shows her face! Had slippery CM on Day 13 and very clear and slippery CM on Day 14. After that I've not noticed any CM and it's almost dry! Just have a question. Will CM be visible even after ovulation if in case the egg has been fertilized? Just wish God gives us one little bundle of joy very soon! :'(

gonzales December 16, 2013 | 11:21 AM

I have a question? okay I didn't have a period for the month of Nov. but I did have a period of the month of Dec. but was very light and last only a few days I have taken a pregnancy test but came back (-) can I might be pregnant still?

Susan December 08, 2013 | 11:44 AM

I was pregnant with no symptoms. No missed periods. Absolutely notihing! I did not miss a period until I was 18 weeks pregnant.

anna December 07, 2013 | 11:05 PM

I am 32 ttc had a pregnancy 12 years ago carried till 8 mth had cervical abruption and miscarried gave birth Stillbirth. After those years i have nt been really trying, as my cycles were all over the place. have no PCOS and also noticed while doing my own cervial checking...my cervix opening is on a 9 oclock position..weird huh...my mum says its a tilted cervix and she has that too... Apparently I have BD 2 days before my positive OPK on CB digital....after that I dont even have any sypmtoms...sore BBS after O but lasted a few days, now 10dpo I tested and a BFN, no spotting no nothing, i think im really out and tired of testings BFNs, I just wish Baby dust to all out there and congrats to those who had BFPs...i really dont know when is my turn, but the wait is sad and tearful....when I see pregnant ladies around me or babies laughing or sleeping their prams..I guess I jus have to wait, been mocked by my ex husband for being an infertile...Im now on with someone else who has the patience to wait,,,PS : previous pregnancy was with ex bf when I was 20 and nt married then..

Chandralekha November 05, 2013 | 6:47 PM

Hi All, Today is 11th day since i have missed my periods. No symptoms of pregency. Actually everymonth i have delay in periods. Is it ok to do one pregency test or not? Is i am pregent or not

pushpa October 31, 2013 | 10:16 AM

Today is my 8th day were i have missed my periods,my menstural cycle is regular i have done my sure strip test were first time it was positive but again in the morning it was negitive but again in the same morning it was again positive,bu this was after few minute .but on 8th day i been to docter were i did my urine pregnancy test were it was negitive result.but still i m not having period now,so wat do u suggest about my prblem.though i have some pregnancy symptons frequent urine breast tender and painful please reply

isabel marant sneakers October 31, 2013 | 5:51 AM

There are likewise so many video uploading websites, and these as well give facility for distribution their videos,whatsoever I think YouTube is the finest. isabel marant sneakers http://www.sportvitamin.ru/userfiles/isabel-marant-sneakers301.html

sophia October 31, 2013 | 4:55 AM

Hi, i had cramps, enlarged heavy painful breast and spots 3 days before the date i had to have my period. After the spots, my period never came. Am always feeling nausea, have an enlarged breast, always feeling feverish, tired and sleepy. Am i pregnant

jazz October 04, 2013 | 10:34 AM

hi i have a question hope someone can answer i had a period in aug at the end of the month and it ended at the begg.of sept but i was late for ma aug period and now i have not came on for september an its jus starting october sum one help what do you think

TTC 2 years September 25, 2013 | 7:07 AM

Hi, I am 33 and have been ttc for 2 years with my hubby. I'm really starting to get concerned it is never going to happen for us. Everything is fine, we are both healthy but it just doesn't seem to be working. I am currently on day 21 of my cycle (possibly 8 or 9 dpo but I don't track because I find all the tracking stressful). Last night I started feeling a little nauseous as well as this morning. Two days ago I started to get some mild mild cramping, sore breasts and low back ache (not painful but a dull ache). I would like to know from those women that are or have been pregnant if those symptoms are pretty consistent with pregnancy if you don't normally get them during your cycle. I do not usually get back pain until the day before my period (26 day cycle) but the rest of the symptoms (minus the nausea) do usually start about 4 to 5 days before. I am really hoping for a positive result this month as I don't know how much longer I can handle the monthly disappointment. I've also felt a bit more emotional than normal. This morning I almost cried just thinking a stupid movie that isn't even really sad. Does this sound like I'm pregnant? There's no way a test would be positive yet as my period isn't due until Oct. 1 and I'm sick of testing only to get my period two hours later. It's such a let down and a waste of money. I need some well wishes. Really starting to lose hope.....

vk September 11, 2013 | 2:12 AM

my last period was july 13 but still im not getting my period but i check pregnancy test last week it came out negative what i have to do? i got confused i check blood test on aug29 it also came out negative

danica cruz August 25, 2013 | 12:14 AM

i got my period by the ,month of june . i think it goes on for about four days or five . then i got my period again the next month but it only went on for i think one day. since that i havent been on through my period yet and already the first week of september. im not having any symptoms except for having an itchy breast and nipples, itchy tummy, then i think my waist expanded and i gained weight, im having swing moods and my asthma attack seems to be more often than before. i feel tired all the time and i feel so sleepy even though i just woke up.. i tested by using home p.t last 1st or 2nd week of july but it turned out negative.. im really confused.. since i gained weight my breast also enlargend a little,, pls help me , am i pregnant?

JJ August 22, 2013 | 11:43 AM

Yikes. After 2 years I am cd 40, 24 dpo, with a normal CD of 29-30. I have not tested yet. Every time I test it is negative and soon after I get AF. For once I feel good not knowing. If I am pregnant great! If not, I can delay that horrible disappointment a little while longer. For now I don't feel pregnant except I have noticed being hot. My temperature has been higher. A little side boob ache - but very minimal and if goes away. I try to search for it and it is not like with my first (loss). Maybe it is a pregnancy.

aani August 16, 2013 | 8:00 PM

hi..my periods are 8 days late and it never happened before.i had a regular cycle of 27 days..we had unprotected last month.now i have no pregnancy symptoms.but im wondering why m late.i only had darkening around my nipples and i also had cramps.everytime i chek myself in the hope of periods but fail.plz help me out as im very scared..i havnt done any pregnancy test

Chels July 24, 2013 | 11:43 AM

Hello All, AF appeared on 6/17(Normal length and flow) and then again on 7/13 (Lasted 2 days and was very light). I had a bit of stomach upset and felt like if I waited I wouldn't make it to the bathroom. That has stopped but im still having more bowl movements than usual. Now my fiancé's friends girlfriend says I have a glow? I don't see it. Other than a some mild cramps, one abdominal spasm, and the glow I feel no other symptoms. I took a HPT this morning and im not sure if my eyes were playing tricks or not, but I could have sworn I saw a very faint and I mean faint positive. How long should I wait to test again just to be sure?

vrshu June 29, 2013 | 8:30 PM

hi all i have sore breast and blue veins in breast n thies arms collar bones from about 8 days today is my periods date or may be tomorrow,but till niw periods not start, i also feel back ach and mild headach from past 6,7, days but i dont feel nausea morning sick ness or smel. i take a home pregnancy test 4 days before it came negative,today i m feeling symptoms like when i m in my period. what is this i m so confuse that my periods is comming or m pregnant. plz help me