Dress Up Your
Make sure each member of the family has their own special place at the table. Kids will love making these place holders for Thanksgiving, and it's a great way to keep kids involved while Mom and Dad make dinner!
Chalkboard pilgrim hat place holders
- Small terra-cotta pots
- Chalkboard paint
- White paint
- Gold paint
- Paint the outside of the terra-cotta pot with 2 coats of chalkboard paint, letting it dry between coats.
- Turn the terra-cotta pot upside down, with the widest part at the bottom, then paint a white band just above the rim of the pot.
- Once the white paint has dried, use the gold paint to paint a buckle over the white band.
- Use the chalk to write the name of your Thanksgiving guest on the pot.
Pinecone turkey place holders
- Yellow felt
- Small pom-poms
- Card stock
- Lay the pinecone on its side. Glue feathers to the widest part of the pinecone.
- Cut a small triangle from yellow felt and glue it to the narrow end of the pinecone to make the beak.
- Glue two pom-poms to the pinecone above the beak.
- Cut a piece of card stock that is 1-inch wide by 3-inches long.
- Write your guest's name on the card stock, then slide the card stock into the spaces on the side of the pinecone.
Paper leaf place holder
- 2 patterns of Thanksgiving scrapbook paper
- Plain card stock
- Large fall leaf
- Small fall leaf
- Hole punch
- Trace the large leaf over one pattern of scrapbook paper, then cut it out.
- Trace the smaller leaf over the second pattern of scrapbook paper and cut it out.
- Cut out a 1-inch circle from the plain card stock and write your guest's name on it.
- Lay the circle on top of the small leaf, then lay the small leaf on top of the larger leaf.
- Punch a hole through all 3 pieces of paper.
- Cut a piece of twine and slide one end of it through the hole punch. Tie the ends of the twine together in a knot to keep the paper pieces together.
More Thanksgiving crafts for kids
4 Easy Thanksgiving crafts for kids
Thanksgiving countdown turkey
Turkey tissue box