A Handy Gift
For Back To School
If you are planning a back-to-school gift for your child's teacher, this DIY clipboard project is something she can use all year long!
What you'll need:
- masking tape
- spray adhesive
- scrapbook paper
- alphabet stickers
- acrylic sealer
What you'll do:
- Start by covering the metal part of the clipboard with masking tape to protect it from the spray adhesive.
- Coat the front side of the clipboard with spray adhesive.
- Lay one piece of scrapbook paper over the upper 2/3 of the clipboard. Cut around the metal clip and trim off any paper that is hanging over the edges.
- Cover the bottom 1/3 of the clipboard with a coordinating piece of scrapbook paper, and once again trim away any overhanging paper.
- Use the alphabet stickers to spell out the teacher's name or classroom number at the bottom of the clipboard.
- Spray over the top of the clipboard with acrylic sealer to protect the paper from any moisture or stray pen marks, then remove the masking tape from the clip.
Check out more back-to-school teacher gift ideas
More about school
Nervous about school or true separation anxiety?
When your baby goes to kindergarten
Your child’s first time riding the bus