Hiring: IT Manager
The IT Manager’s role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. This position will plan, coordinate, direct and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The position will also define and implement IT policies, procedures and best practices. Note: This is a “hands on” manager role.
This is a full-time, in-office position available immediately.
- Lead the IT department’s operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and Office Automation equipment.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Approve and oversee projects and project portfolio.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision.
- Develop requests for proposal.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5+ years’ experience supporting and working in a Windows arena
- Expert level knowledge in Windows Server 2003/2008, Active Directory, and Desktop applications, as well as back office applications including Exchange, SQL Server, System Center Configuration Manager.
- Experience with VMware virtual infrastructure 3.5/4 administration
- Experience with enterprise systems (HA, DRP, etc.)
- Experience with SAN technologies, including implementation of iSCSI SAN, FCSAN, NAS Storage and Microsoft Clustering 2003/2008
- Experience in implementing automated processes, developing standards and designing/managing stable infrastructure.
- Managed and grown Ethernet networks and fiber-channel networks in fully redundant layout, performing maintenance.
- Experience in RAID configuration and redundancy.
- Expertise with Active Directory and related domain level components and protocols DNS, DHCP, SMTP and WINS
- Experience with administration of MS SQL Server
- Experience with Dell PowerEdge servers
- Understanding of server and network performance within an enterprise business application environment
- Experience with Technical Project management
- Experience with Windows scripting and automation, using WMI, Powershell, or Perl
- Cisco CCNA or related knowledge
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
- MCSE certification a plus.
- Experience with Internet Advertising and Marketing is preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation
- Limited travel required
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
No phone calls please; submit a copy of your cover letter and resume to Renae.Vaules@sheknows.com.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SheKnows.com is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. The company subscribes to all state and federal regulations and prohibits discrimination based on gender, race, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, age, religion or veteran status. SheKnows hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States.
Check out other career opportunities at SheKnows >>