Seeking PR Manager
Welcome to SheKnows where great work and fun collide! The people, the product, and the pace of our company are unique. Although we are an industry leader in what we do, we never want to lose sight of what makes this a great place to work. We carefully select those coming on-board because at the end of the day we couldn't do it without the talents that have built this company.
The Public Relations Manager will play a key role in building consumer, industry (B2B) and brand awareness, creating and implementing PR and media relations strategy and results for SheKnows. The position will be responsible for: creating and coordinating U.S. and global PR strategy and plans, developing PR campaigns that engage consumers and foster media relationships across a wide spectrum of consumer media and trade media (such as AdWeek and other industry B2B trades). The PR Manager will work closely with marketing and sales strategy, video, editorial and all departments to tell the SheKnows story and build brand awareness. We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced and creative PR professional who is able to adapt to a fast-paced working environment and deliver results.
This is a full-time, in-office position; available immediately.
This position may include some or all of the following:
- Act as central point of contact for consumer and B2B media, fostering successful relationships, coverage and briefing media on company related news and story ideas
- Create and implement PR strategy for the brand
- Write and distribute press releases, media alerts and pitches
- Organize interviews with key editors for management and company spokespeople
- Manage press contacts and maintain strong media lists
- Monitor editorial calendars to secure coverage
- Brief departmental teams to ensure cohesive alignment on strategies and tactics
- Track and submit for relevant industry awards, furthering elevating the brand
- Help manage celebrity partnerships and related news and PR strategy
- Manage and work closely with PR associate and the internal PR and marketing team
- Build and manage relationships with PR organizations for added exposure
- Monitor coverage and measure PR results and ROI
- Manage PR budget
- BS/BA, in Public Relations/ Communications/Journalism/Marketing
- Minimum 7-10 years experience in Public Relations, ideally with a background in online media, magazine, editorial or women’s consumer brand
- Candidate will ideally have had some prior experience in editorial or women’s lifestyle/parenting/consumer media outreach as well as B2B experience with ad trades and other trade media
- Candidate is expected to have exemplary writing skills and be familiar with the different styles required by different forms of media such as press releases, media alerts, blogs, Facebook/Twitter etc.
- Exposure to senior management in a communications support function
- Prior experience and expertise in social media
- Experience in media database systems and news release distribution such as Vocus or Cision
No phone calls please; submit a copy of your cover letter and resume to Crystal.Patriarche@sheknows.com.