Seeking A Home & Living Editor
Welcome to SheKnows where great work and fun collide! The people, the product, and the pace of our company are unique. Although we are an industry leader in what we do, we never want to lose sight of what makes this a great place to work. We carefully select those coming on-board because at the end of the day we couldn't do it without the talents that have built this company.
Highly creative and motivated, the new Home and Living Editor at SheKnows will work to oversee content on all home- and living-related sites within the SheKnows network. Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university and minimum of 2 years related experience, training (or equivalent combination of education and experience) required. This person should be a skilled editor, confident in writing, editing and management of freelancers, savvy in web navigation, online marketing and social networking, and should be always willing to portray the SheKnows network in the best possible light. The ideal candidate will have previous home and living related experience, such as with a major home magazine or website.
Candidates must possess the energy and desire to work in a fast-paced environment and the confidence to uphold the integrity of SheKnows Editorial standards.
This is a full-time, in-office position; available immediately.
This position may include some or all of the following:
- Track progress of content using Google Analytics and create weekly reports on sites' traffic and growth
- Management of content on SheKnows' Home and Living-related websites
- Assist in managing the editorial department's workflow on multiple editorially-driven projects at once
- Effectively communicate with SheKnows editors, contract writers, columnists and bloggers with editorial direction and coordination for the home and living sites
- Assist in daily site maintenance: uploading, editing and formatting articles, banner ad copy creation, site QA
- Assure quality content, grammar, spelling, format consistency and overall site continuity on SheKnows owned and operated sites
- Oversee the project management of editorial projects through completion
- Bring fresh, innovative ideas to the SheKnows audience and both initiate and oversee site improvements and enhancements
- Enforce the editorial calendar and SheKnows StyleGuide throughout sites and campaigns
- Use creative thinking and novel strategies to market SheKnows to other sites and mediums
- Initiate and coordinate press relations and announcements of site features and projects
- Bachelors degree, preferably journalism, marketing, mass communication, public relations
- 2+ years of experience in the online media industry or magazine publishing
- Experience and/or knowledge of the culinary industry and culinary trends
- Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Accurate and timeliness of work performed and strong interaction with departmental staff, sales force and other departments
- Ability to juggle numerous projects at once under deadline pressure
- Must be organized and deadline oriented
- Experience or knowledge of web development is a strong plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word
- Experience in any CMS, Word Press, Joomla, Macromedia Fireworks or Photoshop, and Macromedia Dreamweaver will be a big plus!
No phone calls please; submit a copy of your cover letter and resume to Crystal.Patriarche@sheknows.com.