Seeking Senior Video Editor
The Senior Editor must possess exceptional customer service skills to handle clients. The Senior Editor assists the video team in all areas and aspects of production as needed and involves coordination and tracking of project tasks with the appropriate contact personnel participating in the project, both internally and externally to insure that the objectives of the project are accomplished within the prescribed timeframe, funding parameters, and essentially quality standards. The Senior Editor is responsible for deadlines, budgets and forecast of project(s).
This position may include some or all of the following:
- Must possess exceptional customer service skills to handle clients externally and communicate with the team internally.
- Manage of file-based (tapeless) workflows, particularly with down-conversions and format conversions for web and HD broadcast.
- Interface with internal and client quality control departments to track and implement fixes and/or changes.
- Manage editor/audio editors.
- Perform basic post tasks as needed (clip exports, slate creation, etc.)
- Responsible for production management responsibilities, schedule creation and adherence, workflow and project management for team.
- Responsible for data entry of project information into company project management and time management
- Responsible for tracking, organizing, and checking of client supplied and in-house created assets to ensure all assets received are to spec and in order.
- Responsible in filling out internal paperwork.
- Responsible for organizing data spreadsheets.
- Coordinate and maintain assets along with organizing shipments with Asset Coordinators.
- Coordinate client reviews and coordinate with outside vendors and freelancers on projects.
- Complete additional related duties as needed.
- 3-5 years of Lead Editor experience in post facility.
- Professional working knowledge of Final Cut and Adobe CS6.
- Familiarity with multiple standards (HD, NTSC, PAL, 25P, etc.)
- Knowledge of post production software such as Pro Tools, Photoshop, and Adobe software suites.
- Must have experience with file based (tapeless) workflow
Submit resume to Christina.Clark@sheknows.com; no phone calls, please.