Seeking Senior Manager Of Business Development
We are looking for a senior manager of business development with experience in online digital media as an employee of a major digital publisher or digital ad network. The individual will be responsible for establishing, negotiating and developing business relationships to help grow overall revenue, ad inventory, and brand recognition in general. Read on to find out if this job would be a great fit for you!
The Senior Manager of Business Development will serve as a member of SheKnows' publisher affiliation and strategic partnerships team, focused mainly on sourcing, evaluating, negotiating and executing website advertising representation relationships to help grow the company's portfolio of ad sales, partner websites, as well as carrying out discussions related to strategic partnerships as prioritized by management.
The role will include responsibility over indentifying potential partners, initiating conversations, due diligence activities for target partners, analyzing revenue potential and strategic merits of an opportunity, negotiating advertising representation agreements and working with internal departments (legal, finance, business development) to bring deals to a conclusion and integrate newly signed websites into the company's sales infrastructure. They will be a key team member in support of SheKnows' overall goals.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
- Manage all new business research, outreach, and potential partnerships
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional team
- Work with outside counterparties as appropriate
- Structure a process to efficiently analyze and streamline potential partners
- Identify potential business opportunities in digital media and meet with business partners to evaluate those opportunities and drive them towards execution
- Seek partnerships that expand content consumption, advertising opportunities, and create incremental revenue
- Negotiate term sheets, licensing, and revenue sharing agreements
- Perform quantitative analysis of potential deals
- Research digital industry trends and digital media competitors
- Create sales support materials and serve as the liaison to ad sales to maximize value of properties
- Collaborate with marketing and sales to ensure brand compliance and generate cross-company value and promotion
- Manage key industry and partner relationships to foster collaboration and create new opportunities
- Provide analytical support for new ventures
- Manage account managers who will service the current and new affiliates
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience evaluating websites/digital media, including in depth knowledge of Google Analytics, comScore, and various other third party resources
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving
- Team and project management skills, including ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
- Experience in negotiating contracts, sales and/or partnerships
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics)
- 3-4 years experience in business development, preferably in the online media industry with a major publisher or ad network
- Google Analytics and comScore experience a plus
- Online digital sales experience a big plus
If you're interested and this job sounds like you, please contact Ashley Mullins, Director of Business Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.