SheKnows Is Seeking A Web/Graphic Designer
Sheknows.com is seeking a full-time Web/Graphic Designer to work with a talented group of designers, project managers, product managers, marketing strategists and software engineers in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. The Designer will contribute to different projects simultaneously focusing on user experience and design specifications for the web, such as mock-ups and banner ads based on the design brief. The ideal candidate is an ambitious problem solver, excellent communicator and passionate about designing compelling and intuitive user experiences on the web.
This is a full-time, in-office position available immediately.
This position may include some or all of the following:
- Manage multiple jobs simultaneously
- Work with Designers to meet production deadlines
- Reports to the Design Manager
- Design comps and final executions for IAB banner ads, websites, editorials and so forth
- Design and produce general office needs – presentation materials (e.g. covers and templates), business systems, office displays and so forth
- Prep creative files for delivery to teams overseas
- Participate in brainstorms, take accurate notes and develop directions for visuals to support these ideas
- Upload and download assets via FTP clients and work within established information architectures
- Keep creative server synchronized and updated with local workstation
- Archive work
- Design and oversee management of assets
- Create presentation PDFs and PowerPoint
- Stay in close communication with designated supervisors
- Keep a positive attitude!
- 2-3 years of experience in Web/Graphic Design
- Associate's/bachelor's degree in related field
- Must be able to work in Mac and PC-based environment
- Must be familiar with Adobe Creative Suite
- Must be familiar with basic web design principles such as user experience, interactive user interfaces, usability, accessibility and image optimization
- Must be familiar with online communities
- Must be in tune with popular culture and aware of trends
- Must be familiar with social media extensions
- Must be creative, detail-oriented, well organized, a self-starter and have the ability to succeed in a high-paced deadline-driven environment
- Advertising agency experience is a plus
- Professional attitude!
Is this you? Are you ready for an incredible job with one of the fastest growing online destinations for women? Then please send your portfolio URL, salary requirements, letter of interest and resume detailing your design background.
Submit to: Gabriela.Arellano@sheknows.com; no phone calls, please.