SheKnows Is Hiring A Food Editor
This is a full-time in-office position at the Scottsdale, AZ office location.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Management of content on SheKnows' Food-related websites: SheKnows Food, ChefMom and Fabulous Foods.
- Assist in managing the editorial department's workflow on multiple editorially-driven projects at once
- Effectively communicate with SheKnows editors, contract writers, columnists and bloggers with editorial direction and coordination for the food sites
- Work with contractors to build out the recipe databases with a variety of well-researched seasonal recipes
- Assist in daily site maintenance: uploading, editing and formatting articles, banner ad copy creation, site QA
- Assure quality content, grammar, spelling, format consistency and overall site continuity on SheKnows owned and operated sites
- Bring fresh, innovative ideas to the SheKnows audience and both initiate and oversee site improvements and enhancements
- Enforce the editorial calendar and SheKnows StyleGuide throughout sites and campaigns
- Use creative thinking and novel strategies to market SheKnows to other sites and mediums
- Trac progress of content using Google Analytics and create weekly reports on sites' traffic and growth
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree, preferably journalism, marketing, mass communication, public relations
- 1 year of experience in the online media industry or magazine publishing
- Experience and/or knowledge of the culinary industry and culinary trends
- Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Accurate and timeliness of work performed and strong interaction with departmental staff, sales force and other departments
- Ability to juggle numerous projects at once under deadline pressure
- Must be organized and deadline oriented
- Experience or knowledge of web development is a strong plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word
- Experience in any CMS, Word Press, Joomla, Macromedia Fireworks or Photoshop will be a big plus!
Only qualified applicants will be considered.
Telecommuting is not an option for this role.
If you think this in-house position is right for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume. No phone calls please.