Editorial Intern: Entertainment
We have one spot available for one very lucky college student!
Candidates must possess the energy and desire to work in a fast-paced environment, the ability to produce well-written content, a passion for entertainment and all things celebrity, and the confidence to uphold the integrity of SheKnows Editorial standards.
This is a part-time, unpaid, in-office position; available immediately at our Los Angeles location.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Assisting our editorial team with production of e-newsletters and new content
- Uploading articles to the internet using a CMS program
- Day-to-day site maintenance and quality assurance via copy editing
- Assisting in promotion, via social media, interacting with readers and more!
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Computer savvy. As an intern at an online women's magazine, you must be ready and able to work with computer- and web-based programs. If you have never cropped a picture, you need not apply.
- Grammar proficiency. Plenty of people know where a period goes. We want someone who feels utterly repulsed at the sight of one's careless misuse of "your" and "you're." Or any other gross misuse of the English language, for that matter (and yes, that is a fragment).
- Writing. You will be writing small blurbs and headlines for our e-newsletters, so cleverness and strong writing skills are a must. Depending on your talent and interest, you may be writing articles for the site, as well.
- A willingness to have fun. We are a fun staff who genuinely love what we do, so it helps to have charisma, a sense of humor and a thirst for learning new things.
- Ability to juggle numerous projects at once under deadline pressure
- Must be organized and deadline oriented
- Experience or knowledge of web development is a strong plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word
- Experience in any CMS, Word Press, Macromedia Fireworks or Photoshop will be a big plus!
- Must be enrolled in a college or university and must possess proof of enrollment.
Unqualified candidates will not be considered.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested!
Check out other career opportunities at SheKnows >>