SheKnows Is Hiring
A Junior Editor
Highly creative, fun and motivated, the new Junior Editor will be heavily involved in content for SheKnows.com and sites within the SheKnows network. Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university and minimum of 1 year related experience, internship, training (or equivalent combination of education and experience) is required. This person should be a skilled copy editor, confident in writing, web navigation and social networking, and should be always willing to portray the SheKnows network in the best possible light.
Candidates must possess the energy and desire to work in a fast-paced environment and the confidence to uphold the integrity of SheKnows Editorial standards.
This is a full-time, in-office position; available immediately at the Scottsdale, AZ office location.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Projects related to the content on SheKnows.com and other sites within the SheKnows' women-centric network
- Assist in the editorial department's workflow on multiple editorially-driven projects at once
- Effectively communicate with site editors, contract writers, columnists and bloggers for editorial direction and coordination
- Assist in daily site maintenance: uploading articles into the CMS, flash panel scheduling and uploads, site QA
- Assure quality content, grammar, spelling, format consistency and overall site continuity on SheKnows owned and operated sites
- Oversee the project management of editorial projects through completion
- Bring fresh, innovative ideas to the SheKnows audience and both initiate and oversee site improvements and enhancements
- Enforce the editorial calendar and SheKnows StyleGuide throughout sites and campaigns
- Promote content via social media
- Use creative thinking and novel strategies to market SheKnows to other sites and mediums
- Initiate and coordinate press relations and announcements of site features and projects
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree, preferably journalism, marketing, mass communication, public relations
- 1 year of experience in the online media industry or magazine publishing
- Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Accurate and timeliness of work performed and strong interaction with departmental staff, sales force and other departments
- Ability to juggle numerous projects at once under deadline pressure
- Must be organized and deadline oriented
- Experience or knowledge of web development is a strong plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word
- Experience in any CMS, Word Press, Joomla, Macromedia Fireworks or Photoshop, and Macromedia Dreamweaver will be a big plus!
Unqualified candidates will not be considered.
Contact me at email@example.com if you're interested!
Check out other career opportunities at SheKnows >>