Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager will have hands-on experience leveraging the market’s latest social media platforms and technology to increase brand awareness and audience engagement at SheKnows.
Candidates must possess a commitment to initiate new projects and follow through, be skilled at multi-tasking, and have a passion for public relations, social media marketing and communications. Our ideal Social Media Manager will thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time, in-office position available immediately.
- Lead social media efforts for SheKnows owned and operated sites including SheKnows.com, FabulousFoods.com, LovingYou.com and others
- Develop and oversee the execution of strategic social media strategies, including viral marketing campaigns
- Actively pursue partnership opportunities with leading social media accounts
- Maintain and develop new and existing relationships with Public Relations, Advertising and Marketing agencies
- Manage and oversee the social media team, including freelancers and interns on a daily basis
- Collaborate with the editorial team on trending topics to maximize promotional opportunities for SheKnows content
- Coordinate messaging for the SheKnows branded social channels with the Editorial, PR, and Marketing. teams
- Monitor and analyze social media trends and their impact on the SheKnows brand
- Actively monitor social media accounts and track engagement metrics to measure success of campaigns and identify opportunities
- Attend weekly departmental meetings to collaborate with the Editorial, Marketing, and Product teams
- Support the Public Relations department by collaborating on press releases, fact sheets and other collateral materials as needed
- College graduate with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University. An emphasis in mass communications, marketing or public relations is preferred.
- Proven history of social media marketing success within previous organizations.
- A minimum of five years experience working in the PR, Marketing or Media field.
- Knowledge of social media tracking, performance tools and scheduling tools such as Hootsuite and Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of social media trends as they relate to Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube.
- Computer savvy: You must be willing and able to work with computer and Web-based programs.
- Attention to detail: You will be working in a fast- paced environment with a commitment to producing high quality content for our readers.
- Writing ability: You will be interacting with external companies and partners so creativity, strong writing skills and professionalism is required.
- Professional attitude
- Willingness to have fun: We are a fun staff, and we genuinely love what we do, so charisma, a sense of humor and a thirst for learning new things will help.
- Ability to juggle numerous projects at once under deadline pressure.
- Highly organized and motivated with excellent time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Experience in Photoshop is a big plus!
Is this you? Are you ready for an incredible job with one of the fastest growing online destinations for women? Please send your resume, letter of interest and salary requirements to Renae Vaules, Human Resource Manager at email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
SheKnows.com in an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company subscribes to all state and federal regulations and prohibits discrimination based on gender, race, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, age, religion or veteran status. SheKnows hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States.