SheKnows is searching for a Parenting editor that will work to oversee content management of parenting sites within the SheKnows network. This person should be a skilled editor, confident in writing, editing and management of freelancers, savvy in web navigation, online marketing and social networking, and should be always willing to portray the SheKnows network in the best possible light. Candidates must possess the energy and desire to work in a fast-paced environment and the confidence to uphold the integrity of SheKnows Editorial standards.
This is a full-time, in-office position.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE
- Oversee management of SheKnows Parenting and our family of sites
- Assist in managing the editorial department's workflow for both campaign and editorially-driven projects
- Coordinate content based on the determined editorial calendar focuses for each site
- Oversee the project management of parenting-related editorial projects through completion
- Assure quality content, grammar, spelling, format consistency and overall site continuity on SheKnows owned and operated sites
- Ensure that all content in SheKnows Parenting is presented with a distinct SheKnows voice that is fun, upbeat, informative and engaging
- Effectively communicate with site editors, writers, columnists and bloggers for editorial direction and campaign coordination
- Assist in daily site maintenance and promotion: uploading articles into the CMS, flash panel uploads and coordination, site QA
- Oversee invoice management and manage determined budgets for SheKnows Parenting sites
- Assist in content partnerships and SheKnows Content Syndication Program
- Must enforce the SheKnows StyleGuide throughout Parenting sites
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors Degree, preferably journalism, mass communication, public relations
- 5+ years of experience in the online media industry or parenting-related publishing
- Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
- 2+ years management experience
- Knowledge of the parenting/pregnancy industry and established connections to other online parenting media outlets
- Accurate and timeliness of work performed and strong interaction with departmental staff, sales force and other departments
- Ability to juggle numerous projects at once under deadline pressure
- Must be organized and deadline oriented
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Macromedia Fireworks or Photoshop
- Experience or knowledge of web development is a strong plus
Bonus skill set: Experience in Joomla, Word Press, Macromedia Dreamweaver
Is this you? Are you ready for an incredible job with one of the fastest growing online destinations for women? Please send your resume, letter of interest and salary requirements to Renae Vaules, Human Resource Manager at email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
SheKnows.com in an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company subscribes to all state and federal regulations and prohibits discrimination based on gender, race, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, age, religion or veteran status. SheKnows hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States.