Congratulations! You just got engaged, but where do you begin?! Use our ultimate wedding checklist to make sure you don't miss a thing when preparing for your big day!
Take it with you!
to download our printable wedding planning timeline!
Congratulations! You just got engaged, but where do you begin?! Use our ultimate wedding checklist to make sure you don't miss a thing when preparing
for your big day!
The day you have been looking forward to since you were a little girl has finally come... it's time to plan your wedding! Even with all of the excitement, it is still easy to get stressed out. So instead of becoming a bridezilla, use our checklist to stay calm, cool and collected on your path to the altar!
9 to 12 months out
- Save the date!
- Announce your engagement and throw a party
- Start thinking of guest list
- Agree on budget
- Find your wedding planner
- Book the venue
- Start your gift registry
- Start selecting vendors
- Select your bridal party
- Finalize and secure an officiant
- Take engagement photos
6 to 9 months out
- Say yes to the dress
- Hire and secure all of your vendors
- Start making accommodations for your guests
- Order your cake
- Select wedding stationery and invitations
- Send out save-the-dates
- Plan your honeymoon
- Finalize the guest list
3 to 6 months out
- Buy wedding bands
- Order bridemaids' dresses
- Mail out invitations
- Figure out your wedding favors
- Shop for your bridesmaids
- Finalize catering menu
- Dress the groomsmen
- Get confirmation from vendors
- Plan the rehearsal dinner
2 months out
- Purchase any accessories to go with your dress
- Write your vows
- Book and confirm day of transportation
- Apply for marriage license
- Get everything set in stone by having it all printed
- Attend your bachelorette party and bridal shower
- Schedule all fittings and alteration appointments
- Decide on hair and makeup styles
1 to 2 weeks out
- Finalize floor and seating plans
- Get final headcount of all attendees
- Work with DJ or band on a list of songs
- Have final dress fitting
- Start any self-grooming that needs to be done
- Confirm photographer
- Confirm and pack for honeymoon
- Pick up and organize all wedding-day attire
1 day before the wedding
- Get pampered
- Give the bridesmaids their gifts
- Have rehearsal dinner
- Relax and get a good night's sleep!
The big day!
- Pop in a breath mint, smile, relax and get ready to say "I do!"
More wedding articles to help you prepare
The wedding day beauty timeline
Honeymoon planning tips
Celeb wedding registries: They're just like ours... sort of