Rest And Relationships
If you think the amount of sleep you get only affects your coffee consumption and how productive you are on the job, think again. Getting a good night’s rest also means a healthier, happier relationship -- and a much more satisfying sex life. Even more reason to get your beauty rest!
Sleep and sex
We’ve all used the “too tired” excuse in the bedroom at least once. In fact, 33 percent of women and one in four live-in couples in the U.S. frequently report being too tired for sex. There is good news, though -- a new infographic from Zeo, the leading sleep management company, and Thomas Edwards, The Professional Wingman, a dating and relationship expert, aims to explain the ties between our sleep habits and our sex lives. Some of the findings may surprise you.
We picked out some of the stats about sleep and sex we found most interesting.
- 75 percent of men report waking up aroused compared to only 35 percent of women.
- Wondering why women always fall asleep after sex? That’s because according to the survey, three out of 10 times, they didn’t really orgasm. Yikes.
- 12 percent of women say sleep problems interfere with their relationships.
- More than six hours of sleep improves your relationship satisfaction.
- 78 percent of those who get seven to eight hours of sleep report being happier with life in general.
What to do about it
If you’re not getting enough sleep, there are a few ways to get back on track.
- Say no to caffeine (coffee, cola, chocolate, tea) at least four hours before bed.
- Avoid eating at least two hours before bed.
- Put away the laptop and work emails before you want to go to bed. Thinking about what you need to do tomorrow will cause too much anxiety to get an adequate night of sleep.
- Does your spouse snore? Consider finding a snoring solution so you can both get a better night’s sleep.
- Invest in an eye mask if your room isn’t adequately dark. Think about ear plugs if you live somewhere with traffic noise or loud neighbors.
- White noise machines can be helpful in soothing you to sleep.
More about sex
How to get what you want in bed
Your sex and love homework
Have better sex at any age