Kim Kardashian Pens Letter To Fans

Kim Kardashian is playing the sympathy card with a new blog post regarding her divorce from Kris Humphries.

Kim Kardashian wants you to admire her courage

Kim Kardashian is doing her best to show fans and critics that she's not heartless for ending her marriage to Kris Humphries after 72 days. Instead, she opens up in a letter posted on her official website -- and she's asking fans to understand how much courage it took to come to her decision.

Kardashian -- now in Australia promoting the Kardashian Kollection with her sisters -- wrote:

"This is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to write. I see all of the support and I am so thankful for my fans, friends and family who are helping me through this difficult time.

I am trying not to read all the different media reports but it's hard not to see all the negative ones. First and foremost, I married for love. I can't believe I even have to defend this. I would not have spent so much time on something just for a TV show! I share so much of my life on a reality show, that contemplating whether to even film my wedding was a tough decision to make, and maybe it turned out to not be the smartest decision. But it's who I am! We filmed Kourtney giving birth, Khloe getting married, break ups, make ups, our best moments and our worst moments. These were all real moments. That's what makes us who we are. We share, we give, we love and we are open!

Everyone that knows me knows that I'm a hopeless romantic! I love with all of my heart and soul. I want a family and babies and a real life so badly that maybe I rushed in to something too soon. I believed in love and the dream of what I wanted so badly. I felt like I was on a fast roller coaster and couldn't get off when now I know I probably should have. I got caught up with the hoopla and the filming of the TV show that when I probably should have ended my relationship, I didn't know how to and didn't want to disappoint a lot of people.

I'm being honest here and I hope you respect my courage because this isn't easy to go through. But I do know that I have to follow my heart. I never had the intention of hurting anybody and I accept full responsibility for my actions and decisions, and for taking everyone on this journey with me. It just didn't turn out to be the fairy tale I had so badly hoped for.

There are also reports that I made millions of dollars off of the wedding. These reports are simply not true and it makes me so sad to have to even clarify this. I'm so grateful to everyone who took the time to come to my wedding and I'll be donating the money for all the gifts to the Dream Foundation.

I'm sorry if I have hurt anyone, but my dad always told me to follow my heart I believe now that I really am."

Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries divorce: The shortest celeb marriage?>>

Kardashian's mother, Kris Jenner, told Anny Curry in an interview this morning that Kardashian didn't get a penny for her wedding, just between $500K and $1 million for photo rights. She also told Kathy Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb that Kardashian actually paid heavily out of pocket for her wedding and that the money she received for filming fees, photso etc. wasn't nearly enough to cover the expenses of her extravagant wedding.

It's hard to know who is telling the truth here, especially since Humphries' parents are now blasting her for quitting on her marriage so quickly. This is going to be interesting to watch.

Image courtesy WENN

Do you think Kim Kardashian is telling the truth in her blog?

Comments

Comments on "Kim Kardashian tries to explain divorce in open letter"

EloiseM November 14, 2011 | 7:42 AM

I don't believe a WORD of her explanation. Not one word.

amyc November 07, 2011 | 9:22 AM

I'm just not buying that a 31 year old, PREVIOUSLY married women, did not know how to break it off, nor did she want to let anyone down! That might fly if she were a young girl, caught-up in the moment, with no experience. Kim makes appearances for big bucks, she is part of this handbag line, she is an actress, this being her worst performance, and the clothing line for Sears. " I'm a hopeless romantic! I love with all of my heart and soul. I want a family and babies and a real life so badly that maybe I rushed in to something too soon. I believed in love and the dream of what I wanted so badly. I felt like I was on a fast roller coaster and couldn't get off when now I know I probably should have. I got caught up with the hoopla and the filming of the TV show that when I probably should have ended my relationship, I didn't know how to and didn't want to disappoint a lot of people." 31 years old, previously divorced female and this is her reasoning. Khloe, if she wants to help her sister, could start by orienting her to reality AND not via a T.V. show!

Amy November 03, 2011 | 5:30 PM

First of All Michael Jackson was Somebody and he was a Humanitarian, so to compare this slizzy bag is an insult. America makes trashes and in the end complain for degenerated people on Camera, if you don't read it about it she wouldn't be making million for literally NOTHING

mary george November 03, 2011 | 8:29 AM

Kim Kardashian reminds me of a female Michale Jackson and I don't mean with the drugs and all of that but with the fame she so thinks she is all of that and just seems so selfish! Just because you have so much money and yes probably does give alot of it away ( taxright off) but come on take a real look and be a better example to your sisters!!

Stephanie November 03, 2011 | 4:32 AM

What is the point of being rich and beautiful if everything in your life is a mockery? How easily the personalities of television and movies slip in and out of love with little emotional involvement. The saddest part is that they are examples or representations of our young society which think of relationships not in the long term but what they can get out of the relationship now because they know it will not last. At what cost are our young who are our future paying for their lack of commitment, lack of integrity, and shallowness?

Janet November 03, 2011 | 4:24 AM

I think the Kard's are superficial and shallow. Kris Jenner should be telling here daughter to get her butt back home and make her marriage work. But she is too worried about making money. The only reason I follow this on MSN is because my company took away solataire. I gotta have something to do on my lunch hour. Come to think of it I think I'll go back to reading novels.

sweeet November 02, 2011 | 9:07 PM

everybody is worried about kim ,she a ,get million of dollar off a boring tape,being famous for sleeping so many different famous guy,i felt bad for kris it is first marriage and he is young and innocent to all this,what about is family,awww kim ruin kris heart like that it is unfair,he did not deserve that,kris i guess u should do her like every other,do ur thing pay the and move to next one,i will pray for u kris

Emma November 02, 2011 | 12:04 PM

I disagree, Char, because the Kardashians have INTENTIONALLY put their lives in front of those millions of people. They have to keep doing these rediculous things to stay in front of the camera since they're not actually famous for anything noteworthy. They're making money over that "shock factor" and laughing all the way to the bank. I too believe this whole thing was a sham all along. Divorce is no laughing matter, and can be very tough to deal with and accept. However... not when the relationship was fake begin with.

char November 02, 2011 | 10:26 AM

I couldnt even imagine how I would feel if all of my relationship fails and failed marriage were put out there for the world too see and read about. Its heartbreaking enough to go through it with out having millions of people throwing their opinions around. If I was in Kim's shoes...Id just tell everyone its my life, im living it...go worry about your own. Why does anyone really care?? they dont even KNOW her....Im so glad to be a no body in the middle of nowhere so I can make my mistakes and move on without having to justify myself to the world...just those who love me and understand....hang tough Kim!