Man Secrets Revealed!

There’s all this talk about men being blank canvases with little on our mind aside from who’s playing in tonight’s game and the color of your underwear. But here’s a shocker: we DO have feelings. Of course saying these things outright would defy our manly ethos, so we’ve made it easy on you. Read on to find out!

Bashful man

1 He thinks about sex all the time

Yes, it's true. The average male under 60 years old thinks about sex at least once a day, and men fantasize more often than women. Even when you're having a bad day or feel fat, most guys don't care and are perfectly willing to get down and dirty.

2He needs his space

Dudes need their alone time. Whether or not he has a man cave to call his own, guys want space. It doesn't mean he doesn't want to be with you -- see #1 -- he just needs to relax and recharge. Unlike women, men don't need to leave the house to go somewhere or splurge on a spa day. He's probably happy laying on the couch with his hand in his pants like Al Bundy. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

3He doesn't like being set up

Asking your guy, "Does this dress make me look fat?" is setting him – and you up for no good. The same goes for questions like, "Can I ask you XYZ without you getting mad?" or statements like "Don't take this the wrong way but…"

4He means what he says

Sorry ladies, but it's true – you think there's an ulterior motive or a hidden meaning, and that if you just ask us six more times, you'll get it out of us. Hate to break it to you, but guys just aren't that deep. When he says "Okay" he really means just that and only that.

5Guys may not be deep, but they're also not dumb

Women have complained for years about unrealistic portrayals on TV. Well, the same applies to guys. Men know how to get a stain out of a shirt, take care of the kids without causing a disaster and how to cook -- gourmet meals, not frozen dinners. Guys like to be appreciated for the things they do. So, show your guy some love when he goes the extra mile!

More guy secrets

Lingerie: What guys say about your sexy nightwear
Pre-gamin: What he want's in foreplay
10 Guy phrases decoded

Comments

Comments on "5 Things he wants you to know about him (but won’t say)"

Dhruv July 07, 2013 | 8:08 PM

Also, guys should stop doing what their girlfriend is saying to them.. In future, she will be the one who dominate you every single time! Also, guys should not wait for her to talk... Being a guy, you have to take initiative first.. :) Anyways, you have written a great article ;)

Daisy June 22, 2013 | 2:16 PM

Very inaccurate except for the "space" thing which you also ruined it by the last two sentences. It is either you are a 12-year old kid or you don't know anything about men.

nikki June 01, 2013 | 11:42 AM

im pretty sure men don't always mean what they say. How many men do you hear of (one way or another) or stories do you hear of men telling a girl how great she is and how he would like a future etc etc, then he turns around and finishes it, and/ or is cheating on her..... dunno how much i believe the meaning what they say thing.

Adam May 13, 2013 | 2:31 PM

These are right on, fair and square! One aspect most often not mentioned by men and a dearly kept secret is that they can be extremely manipulative when it comes to protecting their ladies' feelings. If a man wants to push you away - for temporary or long term goals, a breakup for example - they'd make sure that you have the impression that they're at fault for something and that you are the one pushing them away! Example: After several years into a relationship a woman says: "I dumped him!" My first reaction would be "He did it and made you believe that you did!"

Lisa March 08, 2013 | 4:59 PM

Yup, I think this is pretty spot on. Guys think about , need their alone time and mean what they say. They're pretty simple. Us women tend to beat around the bush.

Lauren November 24, 2012 | 10:51 AM

Totally agree about guys needing their alone time, just like us girls do. I think I tend to forget that. I'm home all day with kids but my husband never gets any alone time. I at least do when the kids are napping and he's at work!

Katy August 23, 2012 | 3:01 AM

Sounds absolutely fine, however I have one big problem with the typical notion that we need to praise you men for "going the extra mile" while we women do it all the time and dont even get a mention for doing it! How does that work? Why is it that when a man does something that a woman does all the time, he has to be "honoured and praised" for doing that! That's why we women see men as dumb and useless, because you need praising when you do something that we do every single day as if it was simply brushing our teeth! Aside from that part being EXTREMELY unfair! Everything else seems fine.

Erin August 08, 2012 | 4:47 PM

This article is incredibly accurate. I like the part about guys needing their alone time. My husband works and I'm a stay at home mom. I'm a chit chatter, and used to get annoyed that he never listens to me (ok, I still do). We made a compromise though - after work he gets an hour or so to himself to go online or do whatever he wants, and then I'm all his and he's all ears. It works out really well for the both of us!