From entertaining to athletic to plain old fun, we’ve come up with a list of things every couple should do together to foster closeness. You'll boost your bond, re-energize your relationship, have a great time trying new things and take your twosome to the next level. Here we’ve listed the top three must-dos for every couple.
Take a trip.
A lot goes into making a vacation happen -- researching, choosing a destination, booking a flight – so the process will require compromise (a key to making any relationship work), patience and teamwork. Traveling with someone is also a crash course in who he is, especially if you don't already live together. Taking a trip together will teach you a ton about each other and force you to grow as a couple, which is always a good thing.
Quick trip ideas:
- Beach vacation in Thailand
- Eco-adventure in Costa Rica
- Shopping and gallery-hopping in Buenos Aires
- Snorkeling and scuba diving in Belize
- Island-hopping in Greece
- Relaxing by the pool in the Bahamas
Host a dinner party.
Don't think of this as a couples-only event: Put the word out to all of your pals and his, and start planning. The goal here is twofold. First, pulling off your first party where you serve more than chips and beer is quite a feat. You'll have to decide on a menu, shop, cook and clean. Second, having all your friends over in one place is a great way for your BFFs and his to mix and mingle. You probably have a few mutual friends, but chances are you have just as many (if not more) separate pals who should probably get to know each other.
- Make something simple or that you've tried successfully.
- Provide both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Create a playlist of upbeat tunes; no party can survive without music.
- Offer guests a signature beverage when they arrive.
- Make introductions and mingle so no one feels lost or out of place.
- Most importantly, have fun!
If you've never faced your man over a playing field, we highly recommend it. Getting sweaty together playing anything from tennis to one-on-one will be fun -- and the rush of endorphins and energy will make you feel great. You might even find yourself wanting to continue your time on the field or court in the bedroom. Competition is sexy, so we wouldn't be surprised if even the loser ends up a winner by the time the day is out (if you know what we mean).
What to try:
- Hit the track and race.
- Head to the gym for a game of racquetball.
- Gather some friends for flag football (with you and your man on opposite teams).
- Play a few rounds of golf.
More dating & Love advice
How to build trust in your relationship
4 Tips for making better love decisions
3 Ways to compromise