We often hear about body language and what it can indicate. According to body language expert Dr Lillian Glass, author of Toxic Men, you can tell a lot from a couple's body language signals.
A couple in love?
Dr Glass says the body language of Prince William and his fiancée Kate Middleton shows that the couple really appears to be in love. Dr Glass compared the recent BBC interview with William and Kate to an interview with Prince Charles and Lady Diana announcing their engagement back in 1981.
Charles and Diana's toxic body language
Dr Glass says, "This couple looks like two complete strangers thrown together. You don't feel a connection at all. These toxic body language signals are red flags for any relationship."
- The couple's body language screams of insecurity! Both Charles and Diana look down, signifying disconnection.
- As she walks down the steps, Diana appears awkward and clumsy. She also rocks back and forth throughout the interview, appearing uncomfortable.
- Diana only looks up to speak and there is nervousness in her voice.
- Charles doesn't even look at Diana! He only glances at her occasionally and it's not with love and affection.
- Charles stammers and doesn't seem to know what to say.
Wiliam and Kate's non-toxic, affectionate body language
Dr Glass says, "William and Kate are best friends. Their body language shows respect, love, and a solid foundation. They exhibit perfect, non-toxic body language."
- William is charming and seems to enjoy telling the story of the proposal.
- He looks at Kate with love and acknowledgement and they look at each other.
- Kate is poised, elegant, and articulate. She looks ready to be royalty
- They have a life together — William mentions that he and Kate were on vacation with friends when he proposed.
How much clout do you put in body language? I think a lot of time (particularly in interviews) there could be other factors. For example, nervousness could come across as disconnection or disinterest.
Whatever their body language means, we wish William and Kate a long and happy life together.
More about Prince William and Kate Middleton
Prince William and Kate Middleton engaged
Kate Middleton's blue engagement dress sold out
Kate Middleton's brunette, wavy hairstyle