Breakups are hard on everybody -- but after the initial pain and sorrow passes, you'll find that flying solo isn't that bad. In fact, it can be downright fun. Check out these fabulous ways to enjoy being single.
How to enjoy being single
- Take yourself to the movies.
- Turn up the music and dance around the house.
- Flirt with someone online.
- Go on a singles' cruise.
- Meet your girlfriends for Happy Hour.
- Eat breakfast for dinner.
- Get pampered at a spa with your best (single) friends.
- Learn a new sport you've always wanted to try.
- Create a profile on an online dating website.
- This weekend, stay up all night and sleep all day.
- Dress to the nines to go to the grocery store.
- Hop in the car and drive to a new part of town.
- Wear lingerie to bed just for you.
- Try a new, trendy hairstyle.
- Look for speed-dating events in your area.
- Start a blog and chronicle what you do each day.
- Spend Saturday night on the couch watching chick flicks.
- Volunteer at a local charity.
- Attend a wine-tasting event.
- Take a class in a subject you enjoy.
- Light candles and take a long, soothing bath.
- Learn a new language and then travel to that country.
- Indulge your artistic side.
- Call in sick to work and spend the day at the pool.
- Have a trusted friend set up a blind date.
Up next: 25 More ways to enjoy being single >>