Why So
Unfaithful?

Men cheat for many reasons, and some of them will surprise you. We've got the dish on just why they do it, right from the cheating dudes themselves. They're, uh, just keepin' it real.

Cheating man

Why do men cheat on their wives?

Most men don't cheat because they've been seduced by a white supremacist with ginormous boobs and a body covered in tattoos. (Poor Sandra Bullock is probably one of the few who's ever had to deal with that unfortunate scenario.) Apparently, though, a ton of other triggers prompt guys to deceive way-too-good-for-them women. The following stories, submitted by actual men, reveal the real reasons they are unfaithful. Anonymity is provided for their protection from mobs of angry women and scorned exes.

1We like a full plate.

"Men cheat for sex! If I'm happy with the chocolate chip cookie, I'll get another, but if I crave the chocolate sundae with extra sprinkles, you'd best believe Daddy is going to order it up! It's also like a buffet. There is so much to choose from. You don't go to Ponderosa and just get the chicken wings; you throw as much on your plate as possible."

2It's the nature of the beast.

"The concept of monogamy conflicts entirely with male biological impulses, which have evolved over millions of years to promote procreation. Ultimately, biology will always prevail. So, it shouldn't even be considered cheating. Men are only doing what nature intended.

"Lifelong monogamy (marriage) is strictly a social construct, the advent of which is relatively recent in the course of human existence -- one that actually serves as a barrier to procreation in modern society, because in many cultures, you are expected to marry before having children. While it may have served a beneficial purpose at one time, it has largely outlived its usefulness. Social and technological advances that have enabled women to bear and provide for their offspring independently have eliminated the utility of marriage."

3History should repeat itself.

"King David had 5,000 concubines and fathered a nation. Men can literally father thousands of children in a lifetime, while women can only have a few. This is why a man needs to take his seed to others on occasion. Monogamy goes against evolution and history. Practice safe sex, and keep hope alive."

4She duped me!

"When a guy goes out with a girl for the first time, she tries to look casual but probably spends a ton of time preparing for the date -- perhaps even more time than a formal event. Since first impressions are most important, and looks are an important part of the selection process, she has to look her best.

quotation mark open Sooner rather than later, her sweatpants come out, the gym card gets lost, and the crazy comes out to play. He realizes he was duped.quotation mark close

"If she is interested and he asks her out on a few more dates, she's probably in the gym more and grooming more often in the hope that a relationship can form. Not only is she looking beautiful, but she is being sweet, caring and not psycho… all of the characteristics the male is looking for. She is also 'putting out' often as more dates occur. She will be positively reinforced with more dates. The male thinks this is her norm and is happy.

"Unfortunately, after a couple months, this 'proving process' ends and the couple has The Talk. Sooner rather than later, her sweatpants come out, the gym card gets lost, and the crazy comes out to play. He realizes he was duped. This is the typical time a girl should receive walking papers. However, if the male really wants to stick out the relationship, then anything in a skirt and a smile will do.

"Alcohol, sun dresses, miniskirts, short shorts, 22-year olds and bachelor parties are a few other reasons men cheat."

Up next: 4 More reasons why men cheat >>

Continue »

Comments

Comments on "8 Reasons men cheat"

Modgai January 01, 2013 | 2:42 AM

I Think it's nature, and very normal for a man to have the relationsip ( girlfriends or mistresses). This is real and fact.

Shiroi Yuki August 04, 2012 | 10:55 AM

i cheated on the man I dont love anymore but still intact with. It's like sourcing for the new love before the relationship actually ends. If I cheats, it means I will not be long in the relationship anymore.

kris May 04, 2012 | 11:12 PM

I believe when two people connect, they should be happy and satisfied with each other. We should allll have some self-control and be content with moderation. I am still looking for that.

Albert A October 12, 2010 | 6:58 PM

You women sound like you deserve all the cheating...and marriage sounds awful after reading this.

Loving Husband September 07, 2010 | 1:57 AM

Women love having with different men just as much as men like the variety. That's why couples who explore the Swinging lifestyle together are so much more happy with each other and their relationship. They each get to enjoy the fun and excitement of with different partners who turn them on, while staying committed to each other. Open your minds and question why you feel the way you feel about things and ask what you can do to make things work better for both parties.

Samantha August 26, 2010 | 10:23 AM

Do they have a list like this for women? I have been cheated on and I have cheated. I agree with the biology reason. I think there are too many good looking guys out there to commit to just one. I guess I'm going with number 1 and some others too...lol. I like and guys are fun and y. Why not have fun and sleep with them. I do think the institution of marriage is dated! Most people are together for the kids or for the benefit of money. I am leaving my husband because I want to live my life fully. I have never cheated on him but if I stayed married for another 20-50 years, I'm pretty sure I will!

susie August 13, 2010 | 4:02 PM

after the kids come along...whether you want to admit it or not...the man is put on the backburner. Women's emotional needs are fulfilled by having children, and the goes out the window.

adrean August 11, 2010 | 6:07 AM

i cheat my spouse so many times,i cant justify why i did it,maybe sometimes its jus a hobby..shld i say,some couples do not like confrontation,some spouse do not like makin love,what they do its purely ,and jus a duty as husband or wife...

Dianne August 10, 2010 | 10:30 AM

My husband cheated on me. We have been married 32 years. I am still devastated and it has been 4 yrs. I am still with him (now it's all about money!) but, I have not forgiven him. I can't find the way to do this. A part of me hates him. He destroyed everything. The other women she was actually engaged to another guy at the time. Can you believe this? I told the other guy and he left her. I felt he had the right to know before he married her. I do not regret telling him. I stay depressed now. Life is never the same after something like this.

Diane Simpson August 10, 2010 | 9:23 AM

I went out with a so-called "Male Pig" whose sole interest was "" to later find out that he was "Married"! I got "Rid" of this male low life! Yippee for a smart female! A man's best interest is in between his "LEGS"!

Amanda August 10, 2010 | 9:07 AM

So from what I gathered from this article, the real reason men cheat is because they are pigs. Men who cheat are pigs, and men who try to find sorry ass excuses for cheating are even bigger pigs.