Simple Ways To Pop The Question

Waiting for some men to propose is like waiting until the cows come home. Even if they're ready to take the next leap in love, they may not be able to take the initiative themselves. In this case, there's nothing wrong with a girl letting her guy know that she's ready to make the commitment too. Dare to be different with Onewed.com's tips on proposing to your man.

Before you pop the question make sure your values line up with his. Consider getting his thoughts on long-term committment to tap into his feelings about your relationship. Ask yourself these questions first: What you should know before getting marriedIf you still think it's time to take the next step, here's the skinny on how to pop the question to you man.

Use his hobbies

Showing an interest in what your guy likes, whether it's car repair or computer programming, is a great way of letting a guy know that he is loved and accepted for who he is. So, when it comes to getting creative with your proposal factor in some of his favorite hobbies, just as he would do if he was planning a proposal.

Show team spirit

The stereotype of the resentful football widow is so powerful that many women are combining their proposals with tickets to their guy's favorite team. This helps the guys know that just because you are taking the lead here, it does not mean you're planning on taking over his life.

make some Food for thought

The saying goes, "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach." A favorite meal gives him a taste of what life with you will be like and will, hopefully, render a warm and fuzzy feeling that assures him he likes being with a gal like you!

put your Pets and kids to use in your proposal

Involving your children, two legged or more, is a great way to help remind your guy about what's really important. They create a homey feeling that will get your guy thinking about life with you.

Take him back to your First dates

Romance isn't just for girls. Let your guy know that you remember how it all started, and use those feelings of love and excitement to spark your new life together. It will bring you both back to an exciting time in your relationship and kick off your engagement right.

above all, Keep it simple

You're already going to surprise him by being the one to propose marriage -- the pressure is already on. So, don't worry about getting too elaborate with your plan. Ultimately, you have to tell him how you feel. Out with it! Put it on the line and see what happens.

For more inspiration, read these 10 cute marriage proposal stories >>

Do you know of a cute engagement story? Have any brilliant proposal ideas for women?

Tell us below!

more on engagements

The ultimate guide to planning a bachelorette bash

Engagement ring trends

7 ways to stay relaxed on your wedding day

Tags: engagements

Comments

Comments on "5 Ways to propose to your man"

mon June 06, 2013 | 6:02 AM

Hi ladies im planning on proposing to my bf this weekend I hve got a ring for him and my self im so nervous about the whole thing the reason I am prososing is because I dnt want a big fancy ring im not into it and we are saving for a house and its just too much presure all I want is him in my life and as my husband thats enough for me he is my bestfriend and my rock I dnt need a fancy ring to show off my engagement I hve him to show off everyday :) we are going away to his fav place and im going to do it then.... my friends say he will say yes but my nerves are getting the best of me and im so scared he will say no I'll be heart broken but I knw deep down in my heart he will say yes im so so so so nervous im so overwhelmed im putting my heart on the line but he is my best friend and soul mate I just want to be with him always..... reading all ur stories is amazing just making me feel so much better about what im doing..... I'll let u knw what happens I guess

Sarah January 14, 2013 | 8:13 PM

My boyfriend and I have been together for quite some time and he is crazy about our kitten. He`s our first pet and my boyfriend spoils and dotes on him as much as his does me almost (which is quite a bit). I thought about making him a really nice dinner and afterward asking him to check on our new kitten. At which point, the ring would be attached to our kitten`s collar.

April November 29, 2012 | 5:43 PM

My boyfriend and I have been talking about proposing to each other at the same time but I can not think of any creative ways to do it. I would like to do it at separate times or wait until Christmas but he insists that we propose to each other on the same day at the same time. Just not sure when we should do it or how I should do it.

Edna September 14, 2012 | 6:32 AM

Nice suggestions! Also it's good to have an actual custom engagement rings with you while popping the question so he knows you're serious.

Lauren September 06, 2012 | 10:19 AM

I think it can be sweet if the girl proposes, but I ultimately think it's the man's job. I know for me and my self esteem, if I proposed I would always wonder if he really wanted to marry me.

Tynelle August 03, 2012 | 8:43 AM

funny story my boyfriend and i have been talking about marriage for awhile now but i think he still needs that push. so i have been considering on asking him to marry me i know he will say yes but i really want him to ask me

aashiqa June 18, 2012 | 12:12 AM

yrr i ws really impatient for proposing him because he said he would nvr propose me so i hd to do soo dis really helped me im gonna try dis today itself.......

Stella May 03, 2012 | 5:32 PM

Such a sweet story Tamara! And hilarious. I think engagement jitters are rampant regardless of 'readiness' on either side. I worked in sales at a jewelry store and we'd often serve champagne to the groom to celebrate the exciting moment but also to calm his nerves about purchasing the ring and starting the proposal process!

Shiree February 21, 2012 | 11:52 PM

Same with me Mona. My boyfriend wants us set before I settle down and go down on my knee. X.x

Nataly March 30, 2011 | 10:37 AM

Hi Tamara! I really like that story. It is funny what he did. I am glad you got your yes and I hope everything in your relationship is going well. God Bless you both.

mona September 26, 2010 | 9:56 PM

What a sweet love story. I am going to try on my boyfriend as well...even though most unlikely I will get a "Yes"..

Tamara January 06, 2010 | 7:22 AM

I proposed to my husband after he proposed and then got cold feet and we broke up for awhile. I entered a radio station contest in Florida to make your Christmas dreams come true 13-years ago. I had to submit a paper, in 500 words or less what that dream was. I said I wanted to propose to my boyfriend. Back then I guess it wasn't very common for a woman to propose to a man. I was sitting at my desk, listening to that very radio station when they started announcing the winners. I never in a million years expected my phone to ring...but it did when they got to the No. 1 winner. I picked up and under great peer pressure from the radio DJ's to propose on the air, I gave them my phone number because my boyfriend had spent the night. I was scared to death, by now my entire office was listening in and I was on the air. Good thing he never picked up the phone. I got a $1,000.00 credit to use at Bloomingdales, the radio station had called the store and let them know I was coming in looking for a man's engagement ring. The whole store made a big fuss and I was so embarrassed in a way. I had decided to propose to my boyfriend 5-days before Christmas at a function I was going to go to for work. It was being held on a yacht. I figured, how romantic. But I never got the chance because we never got a spare moment alone. Driving back to his friend's house for another party I asked him to take a detour to the beach. He did...and parked behind a dumpster. Not very romantic, but my nerves were frazzled to the point of I don't know what, so I just went for it. He burst out laughing - I was shocked and stated crying. He stopped laughing and said, "Honey? I heard the entire thing that morning on the radio station. I heard how nervous you were, I was nervous so I never answered the phone. When our neighbor came out and knocked on the door? I thought she was coming to tell me to pick up the phone so I hid behind the couch." Very funny story we shared. Oh? And of course he said yes.