Tips For Bridesmaids
You've probably heard the old stereotype of the bitter bridesmaid who wishes she were the one in the white wedding dress. But at OneWed.com we know that just like modern brides, modern bridesmaids are strong, savvy women ready to pitch in and do what needs doing... if only someone would tell them what needs doing!
Every bride is different and has different needs and expectations. Make sure to check in with your bride often and find out what she wants or needs from you. Some brides just want a fab bachelorette party, others need a hand to hold every step of the way.
We've put together a basic list of the sorts of things the maid of honor and bridesmaids are often asked to do. The details are up to you and your bride.
Before the wedding
- Help the bride shop for her dress and accessories
- If you're lucky, help her choose the bridesmaids' dresses
- Be a sounding board for the bride
- Help the bride with any DIY projects
- Plan and host a bridal shower and a bachelorette party (don't forget to use OneWed's Wedding Pre-Party to make this easier)
The wedding day
- Help the bride get dressed and ready
- Hold the bride's dress while she pees (yes, we're serious)
- Collect and carry an emergency kit for the bride
- Straighten the bride's dress, train and veil before the ceremony
- Be cheerful, upbeat and calm even if she stresses out
- Walk nicely down the aisle
- Stand at the altar without fidgeting
- Keep the drama to a minimum
- Stand in the receiving line, if asked
- Give a toast or speech, if asked
- Help bustle her train, or change outfits if necessary
There you go, that doesn't seem so bad does it?
More wedding tips:
Wedding Fashion for Brides & Bridesmaids
Scope Out the Single Wedding Guests before the Wedding
The A to Z of Wedding Planning Checklist