Sugar Daddy 101

Especially now, with the economy in the tank, who says that Mr. Right can't also be Mr. Fabulously Rich? Read our dating guide for more dating tips and advice.

Sugar Daddy

1. Shop Where They Shop

New York's Upper East Side, LA's Bel Air, Chicago's Lincoln Park, Philadelphia's Rittenhouse Square: all metro areas have a part of town where the wealthy cluster together. You may not be able to afford $200 dinners or to shop at Barneys (just yet,) but that doesn't mean you can't meet a guy who does. Start running your errands, buying your venti lattes and doing your grocery shopping in upscale neighborhoods. By frequenting the same spots as the rich, you will increase your chances of meeting them.

2. Attend Charity Events

One of the best places to meet someone who is both generous of heart (and of wallet) is at a charity event. Polo matches, galas, and anything involving a cultural institution are great places to start. Besides potentially meeting someone, you can also feel good that you're giving back and helping a charitable organization.

3. Volunteer

Like charity events, volunteering is a great way to meet quality and financially stable men. For example, volunteering at a hospital exposes you to a large pool of doctors and surgeons whom you might not otherwise meet. Political organizations also attract ambitious, successful men.

4. Take Up a New Hobby

Although you shouldn't take up any activity that you really hate just for the sake of meeting someone, luxury sports like golf, sailing, tennis, and scuba diving tend to attract the type of men who have disposable income to burn. Spending time on a golf course or at a marina can only increase your chances of meeting a successful man and, as a plus, gives you something to talk about when he asks you out on a date. Likewise, don't bother looking for your next boyfriend in places like bowling alleys, diners, and bars that offer two for one specials, unless you are okay with always going Dutch treat.

5. Check Out Specialty Dating Sites

There are numerous online dating websites that are specifically geared towards average-income women looking to meet high-income men. However, exercise caution when utilizing these services. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.

Lastly, even when you meet Mr. Fabulously Wealthy, you'll still experience the ups and downs of any normal relationship. At the end of the day, despite their financial security, rich men are still just men.

Other articles in dating:

Top 15 places to meet men
The shy girl's guide to picking up men
How to spot a jerk
Marry rich, forget the career? The new girlhood dream

Comments

Comments on "How to meet rich men: 5 Tips to find a sugar daddy"

beba October 31, 2013 | 10:23 AM

how can you meet with them

Dino July 09, 2013 | 12:56 AM

Seeking a sugar daddy? I take just as dim a view of a gold digger than I do a trophy wife seeker. Shallow, vain, materialistic... They all deserve each other.

L April 14, 2013 | 2:26 PM

To the men on here calling women s and animals: it goes both ways. There are predatory men seeking wealthy women as well as predatory women looking for wealthy men. For every intention a "bad" woman has, she also has a male counterpart. Suck on that, boys. The truth is ANYONE looking for a sugar-anything is a parasitic prostitute. Yes, to call them prostis is more honest, but not all housewives are that way. And as much as women seem to talk about finding a guy with money, I see more women who've chosen the nice, lower-income guy or even the broke-but-cute loser instead of the well-to-do douche. Personally, I'm not looking for anyone to "take care" of me financially nor am I willing to do that for anyone else. We are in a new world where women are capable of maintaining own existences and we are no one's property. The old ways (like selling ourselves to the highest bidder) have to go. It's not about security. It's about having been told we can't do for ourselves. Eff that.

Alice March 31, 2013 | 8:48 PM

ok. here's my pov. i always said i didnt care about money. aeons ago i married a man who... wasnt wealthy. as in, paycheck-to-paycheck. things in our relationship were so stressed. we always were broke, barely getting by. my nicest pair of shoes were 5 years old. ultimately, i think this contributed to so much of the resentment we developed over the years. our marriage crumbled. i'm still working on repairing my credit after all the loans we had to take, credit cards for groceries that we could never pay back. medical bills owed. no health insurance, consequential bad health. so i made the decision never to marry like that again. i dont care if a man is fabulously wealthy, but as long as he can afford dental coverage, i'll be happy. lol. seriously. it matters.

Annrobison January 10, 2013 | 10:01 AM

Wow men and women are crazy.

No December 16, 2012 | 12:53 PM

Maybe some woman but I have LOST EVERYTHING in the passed year from a man who didn't manage what he earned and I paid for his bills yes HIS BILLS and lost all of my belongings and everything is in collections! I am tired of finding someone and end up losing everything so maybe someone who actually manages their life would be worth something so sorry! Not only have I lost everything he was not there to support me in my hard times like I was, I received no emotional nothing because of his own faults! The only thing I need in a relationship is securities and someone that treats me like I treat them so don't call all woman pathetic I put in 100% so I expect 100% back I will give all and I'm tired of wasting it on people that can't grow up and manage their own !

Elishia November 17, 2012 | 8:39 PM

Wow! Some chicks just want to find a guy who isn't scared to take control in bed! Just so happens that most guys only feel that dominant when they have a lot of money or a high power job! He doesn't have to be wealthy just confident about his uality!

RITA September 04, 2012 | 9:23 AM

okay, both parties need to CALM DOWN, let's get something straight from a mid thirty something's perspective.. Men want glory, women want security, it's been that way since the beginning of the human race.. I have heard it from both sides, women and men sometimes trade looks for money, I dated my age group and heard my friends say the same thing, he's a loser but he's cute.. and they end up moving in together, I don't care I'm happy if they are happy. The problem comes up when you are not honest about your intentions, example: you wanted a "traditional" relationship with your guy who lives on the couch (lying to yourself), or you just want to F* and tell her you want to settle down.(him lying to her), get it straight and find a straight shooter, you'll get what you need and will be much happier for it, and will feel less of the moral heaviness associated with lying and cheating in love. For those who will never settle down and don't trust men/women, you risk the fate of men/women before you, those old sad divorcees or playboy/women who one day realizes they just wanted companionship after all, I really don't believe any of us want to die alone. All of us can take love for granted, when we are young many of us really don't care about the sacrifices others have made for us, or we would be paying our parent's bills.. and to the few that do.. your loyalty is commendable, I salute you. All anyone who ever loved you will ask from you, is don't close your heart. The greatest evil in life is apathy, if you want light and love in your life you will choose it, and with it you will grow into a man/or woman that you can admire.

Pettifore August 19, 2012 | 6:30 AM

I find this topic hilarious! The saying "when (something) or someone looks too good to be true they usually are. There are certain "realities" to life ie: the woman could lose her looks in a number of ways and the guy (especially) in today's economy could lose his wealth. Then what do these superficial imbeciles do? Like maybe "split" and repeat the process? Most of these relationships lack longevity and staying power and do not produce any kind of true happiness.

Vanilla Sky July 25, 2012 | 10:42 AM

Women are just domesticated animals and do not deserve human worth, these articles prove it. I will never share my wealth with a gold digger, but I will gladly keep using women who gullibly think they are going to gain access to my funds by ing me. To any wealthy guys out there, be warned: Women are not capable of true friendship, companionship and love. They can be used for (and if you have real wealth you can have unlimited with as many women as you want) but that's all they are good for. They are like hyenas, they prey on status and wealth, they do not care about you as a human being. They deserve to be treated worse than dogs, like filth. Never fall into the trap that average men fall into (a.k.a relationship), you will regret it like never before. Just keep using and dumping them.

L June 28, 2012 | 8:50 AM

Every woman- no matter how strong or fierce- wants a man that can look after them. Like mama always said, 'never marry a man that can't provide...' wise words.

Sugar Babies October 24, 2011 | 6:13 AM

Sugar babies keep evolving. There are tons of educated college girls that fall under the sugar baby category. Many think this is due to the down economy - that's utter junk! There's a shift in our society in what we consider acceptable and sugar babies keep climbing up the list.

HeyWhyNot September 08, 2011 | 5:18 PM

If you have dealt with bull relationships that weren't beneficial either emotionally or financially then why not try to find someone who can at least treat you to the better things...and for the men who are saying that women are pathetic...Yea when we deal with s who just want to USE us...So why not use you as well? I have been in relationships with people "for them and not what they have" and they have always been the type to make a come up and then forget who was there when they had nothing. I know I'm tired of it!

reality dose August 06, 2011 | 7:44 PM

The reality is men look for beautiful women, and women look for wealthy powerful men. I have never heard one of my male friends say " I want to date her. Shes not very prety but shes really smart." I have also never heard any of my female friends say "I want to date him, he's a non-working loser and I'll have to support him the rest of my life, but hes cute.

marlene May 10, 2011 | 12:16 PM

i am shy but lonly have had bad relashions so i am scard would like to get to know some one who has pashents and does not care that i cant spell well

Alpha February 23, 2011 | 7:02 AM

You women are pathetic. The only thing you care about is money. You don't even care about the men themselves, just the money they make. HA and you wonder why more and more men are treating women like sh*t

Ashley February 02, 2011 | 6:56 PM

I think we all have our opinions o the opposite based on mostly past experiences, but as humans, I feel we all want basically the same thing...true genuine connections...to at least some extent...focus on attracting that my friends:)

oparh August 16, 2010 | 7:26 AM

I agree On meeting the sugar daddy's online

DJ from Chicago July 28, 2010 | 10:28 AM

Born and raised in Chicago here...there are NOOOOO rich men in the Lincoln Park neighborhood. Yes, the homes in Lincoln Park are expensive (rent too) but this place is full of college kids (DePaul University), young married couples, young families...and single broke job to job and need a roommate to afford rent in Lincoln Park people like myself. If you want a rich man in Chicago, shop on the Magnificent Mile (Michigan Avenue in Chicago's Gold Coast neighborhood). Eat at Signature Room (top of John Hancock building). Just play around the Gold Coast and River North neighborhoods in Chicago for rich singles NOT Lincoln Park which is full of married young people.

AlmostTooThin September 09, 2009 | 6:34 AM

One overlooked meeting place is some of the online sugar daddy websites. I personally have not done any of the pay sites but have had some good luck on iCoddle (dot com) which is free (I am cheap).