Cheer Yourself Up
An evil male has broken your heart or has disappointed you, you say? What's a girl to do? You can mope, you can cope, you can even eat a tub of fat-full ice cream, but will that make you feel better? Probably not. You need something more powerful.
I happened to be bummed right around the same time as my friend Radhika. Here we are, Sunday night, lonely, upset about failed relationships. I had just come back from a horrible date with "Smelly Guy." Yes, he smelled. We didn't have direct contact, but I could sense B.O. across the dinner table -- now you know there's a problem when someone's god-awful scent is apparent.I ate as quickly as I could so I can vent to my girlfriends. Instead of venting, Radhika and I decided we'd come up with a list of things to cheer ourselves up after bad dates, stupid boyfriends and, well, loneliness. Here it goes:
1. Remind yourself you're adorable.Yes, any guy would be lucky to have you. If some man is not treating you right, then be glad you have choices.
2. Eat chocolate.Experts say there's something in chocolate that really does, in fact, make people happy. Let's hope to consume some sweet nothings from Godiva or Lindt and feel better in no time.
3. Blast Natasha Beddingfield's "Unwritten.""Feel the rain on your skin," she sings. That's right, girls, "today is where the book begins, the rest is still unwritten." Your life starts now and there's so much to be happy about. Why be bummed about some guy when you hold your future in your hands?
4. Shop.Whether you want to scout a new pair of gorgeous boots or your next date, shopping can get you out of that rut. It will make you feel better to look fabulous -- buying a hot new outfit to wear on your next date -- even better!
5. Do a good deed.Making others feel better or giving back will make you feel amazing in no time. Not only are you throwing out positive juju into the world, if karma does exist (and I believe it does), you'll be the next in line for something great!At the end of the day, the best weapon you have is the paragon of choice. Your life is what you make of it. If you're bummed today, well then, don't be bummed tomorrow. Pull yourself out of that rut because you can. Whether you follow the tips above or not, just remember that you're strong and awesome. And if that isn't enough right now, well there's always tomorrow.
More related articles:10 Signs you should dump him by New Year's
Top 20 Creative ways to show your love
Unhealthy relationship characteristics