Long-Distance Lovin'

I've been in a long distance relationship for two years now and let's just say, having a vivid imagination is a very necessary skill. But contrary to what most people might think, it is possible to have a great sex life in a long distance relationship. In fact, studies say that couples who are long distance have a better sex life than most. Here are some ideas for keeping things steamy when the fire's far away.

Couple in a long distance relationship map

Long distance love tip #1Have phone sex

This is probably the most popular method of keeping the fire alive in a long distance relationship. Masturbate to the sounds of your lover's voice over the telephone. You can even give each other directions, telling your lover exactly what you'd like him to do to him, and what you want him to do to you. Long distance lovers tend to shed their inhibitions faster since they have to rely on unordinary methods of communication, so don't worry about being shy about talking about sex in such explicit terms. You'll soon get used to it.

Long distance love tip #2Use a web cam

Do a little strip tease in front of the web cam for your love to turn up the heat. You might not be next to each other, but you could show each other exactly what you're missing.

Long distance love tip #3Chat or text message him

Chatting online or text messaging is a great alternative to having phone sex. In fact, it could help you ease into having phone sex! Writing down your fantasies is a lot easier than saying it over the telephone, so play out all your secret fantasies through the written word.

Long distance love tip #4Send him a love letter

Revive the old-fashioned love letter. Don't let your lover know that he's supposed to be expecting a sensuous letter from you in the mail. Reading such erotic words written in your handwriting will be a pleasant surprise and a huge turn on.

Long distance love tip #5Make him a love package

Instead of cookies, pastries, flowers and the like, send your long distance love a package that contains erotic novels, a hot DVD, and sex toys. Whether or not he chooses to use all of the materials you sent is up to him, but it will surely bring a smile to his face.

Long distance love tip #6Watch a sexy show or movie together

You could both tune into the same hot show or rent the same DVD and watch it while you chat and play.

More dating tips

How to flirt with text messaging
Surviving long distance relationships
4 Good things about long distance love

Comments

Comments on "Keeping a long distance relationship red-hot"

laurah March 17, 2014 | 4:07 PM

my boyfried and I we have been in a long distance relationship for 3 year. He works for the amry we hardly talk over the phone while he is overseas beacause of network but yet I remember all the good times we had together the part of ual intercourse but honestly im lonely and hone eix I really need help

feroz July 03, 2010 | 5:36 PM

fun for enjoyment

Jess December 17, 2009 | 7:12 PM

haha wow. funny thing is i did most all of that with my 7-8 month long relationship. not too long. only seen each other ohh.... less than a month all together. 28 some days. we did actually have phone . he started it. that was back when i was all naive but that all changed once I met Jonathan. maybe part of the reason why we lasted was because of that. i don't really know. we never really had its self (unless you call oral) but I didn't want to. but we broke up because of the distance. but i find it's hard to live without him. i can't just not talk to him. it feels so wrong that i am but it feels wrong if i don't cause thats how we would communicate all the time. he would take me back, but i would be in the same position. how could i deal without him when he's not around? thats my problem. -sigh-

Emily May 07, 2009 | 11:13 AM

I've been in a long distance relationship for almost 3 years now, and we'e only met once, but we work really hard to keep our relationship going and we've pretty much done everything to keep our needs satisfied. and plus, when you finally get to do the actual , its like playing out all the dirty things you said two months before on the phone. unfortunately, we didnt have that time we met, he took me to prom, and we attempted to have , but DAMN he was big and i was a virgin, so we couldnt even fit the damn thing in there. lmao. but we did a bunch of other things..... 0:)

lisa January 12, 2009 | 7:27 PM

Great ideas! Technology is totally changing (and improving!) how couples connect in long distance relationships. For more LDR advice, check out www.coupledtogether/blog

Cindy December 17, 2008 | 3:56 PM

Hi - I totally agree, when my boyfriend and I know we are busy with work and can't call each other at the same time we leave really hot voicemail messages for each other that we receive by email. That way we know it's not a bad time for each other and we can listen again and again. The one we use is callinbox, it's free and we love it.

baby girl November 18, 2008 | 1:21 AM

I quite agree with that. Mine has being a long relationship for close to 6 years but we have being coping. Cyber is hot and sizzly but it is sometimes boring when work takes most of our time.