It seems that many of the cheaply-made body toppings in a bottle often have syrupy, heavy flavors that aren't too appealing. Add in the stickiness factor, and a fun night of oral exploration becomes a disaster. With this in mind, I've come up with a few tips to help you find and use the right body topping.
1) Start with a small bottleWhen picking out a body topping of choice, if you've never had the brand, start out small. If you fall in love with the body topping (whether it be oil, flavored lube or another treat) you can always go bigger later on.
2) Always make sure its safeMost body toppings that are oils or lubes are safe on the most intimate female regions, but its best to know for sure. Sweet stuff -- like food-based body toppings -- can cause yeast infections when placed in the wrong spots, without proper cleansing afterward. That's one thing you really won't want to deal with (especially just for having one night of fun!), so always check out the ingredients and applications when buying a bottle of body topping.
3) Make your own if you can't find something goodThe average bottle of body topping is around $10. In my opinion, that's a lot of money to sacrifice for something that might taste lousy, meaning you just will throw it away. As mentioned previously, you can use real food. One great substitute is sugar-free whipped cream with food coloring. You can make it any color you want, and since it's sugar-free, it is safe for use nearly anywhere!
4) Attempt to smell it and shake itIf you are in a sex shop, you can try to smell the product before you buy it. It should have a safety seal (and if it doesn't, don't buy it), however, the scent might permeate through the seal on some of the body toppings you will buy. Also swish it around in the bottle. If it moves like sludge, I don't recommend buying it. If it moves like water, it is going to be better then the thick, syrupy types of body topping.
5) Talk to a salespersonTry to find out what the salesperson recommends. If they work in/for a sex shop, whether online or off, they should have some experience with what they like or what their customers seem to come back to buy again and again.
6) Experiment and enjoy!You probably won't hit on the perfect body topping for you and your partner on the first try -- and that's to be expected. But keep trying! And even if you do find a sexy topping that seems amazing, still keep experimenting with others to expand your repertoire.
First row, L to R:
Second row, L to R:
Note: Products are mentioned for illustration/information only, and does not imply endorsement.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!