A Fun Lunch
Sometimes daily pre-packaged lunches can get boring quick. Here, we share ideas on how to spruce up that boring lunch box with this adorable secret lunch box care package. Filling cute boxes with healthy treats will put a smile on any child's face.
Why not make your little one feel extra special when she opens up her lunch box? In just a few minutes, you can fill Ziploc snack baggies with treats (and a great homemade recipe!) to surprise your son or daughter at lunch. To finish off the care package, attach a cute personalized tag to go along with the surprise.
The concept is simple: Just think of your child’s favorite snacks, and then fill baggies with everything he loves. Some ideas include:
- Fresh fruit, such as grapes, apple slices or cherries
- Trail mix, banana chips or other dried fruits like raisins
- Animal crackers
- Crackers with peanut butter
- A small piece of candy to enjoy after the school day, such as a lollipop
- Fruit bars or fruit snacks
- Cheese cubes
- Fresh veggies, such as carrots, celery or cucumbers
- A homemade treat made by Mom herself, such as a healthy cookie or a homemade muffin
Easy blueberry muffins recipe
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar plus 1 tablespoon for garnish
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with liners and set aside.
- In a bowl, add the flour, salt and baking powder. In a separate bowl, add the butter and sugar, and cream together. Add in the eggs, vanilla, oil and almond milk and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix well. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter and fill each muffin tin with the mixture. Sprinkle extra sugar over the tops and bake for 20 minutes.
You can use anything to create a cute little tag, such as construction paper or leftover gift wrap. Or you can even cut out a fun shape out of paper you have on hand. Write a fun note and attach it to the package.
More fun lunch box ideas
Break the school lunch rut
Pack an inspired lunch box
Sweet surprises: Lunch box treats to brighten the day