Gambling is one of the most popular things to do in Las Vegas. Whether you're looking to gamble big, play the penny slots or if you're just after the right environment, we've found it all!
Vegas is full of great food, wildly entertaining shows, shops galore and, of course, incredible gambling. If gambling is a pastime you enjoy, plan a trip to Vegas and hit up the best of the best casinos — whether you're a high roller, a penny pincher or simply looking for a great atmosphere — we've got you covered!
First, a few fun Vegas gambling facts
According to the Avant Guide to Las Vegas:
- The first casino was licensed in 1931.
- Today, there are more than 1,700 licensed gambling places in Vegas.
- Vegas gets 36.7 million visitors annually.
- Though only 5 percent of visitors say they come mainly to gamble, 87 percent end up gambling
- The average visitor spends a little less than 4 hours gambling per day.
- The average gambling budget per trip is $559.
For the high rollers
High rollers, also known as "whales," are known for doing everything big — including gambling. If you're looking to gamble big in Las Vegas, you won't want to miss these high-rated casinos:
- The Bellagio. The Bellagio casino is full of sophistication, style… and money. High rollers are seen throughout this casino playing spectacular slots, intense table games and hands of poker in Vegas' most dynamic poker rooms.
- The Wynn. The Wynn is one of the most elegant and tasteful hotels in all of Vegas. The casino is luxurious and features plenty of games for high rollers — including slots going up to $5,000 a pull.
For the penny pinchers
Tip: If you're gambling on a budget, consider playing Keno or Bingo to make your money last longer.
If you've got the urge to gamble but a bank account that doesn't match, don't fret. It's possible to have hours of fun on limited funds, and we've got you covered with the best places to gamble for the penny pinchers:
- Bill's Gamblin' Hall. This is one of the few casinos on the strip that has lower table limits and an ample number of penny slots. Its prime location makes even the stingiest of people feel like high rollers.
- Fremont Street. Fremont Street is also known as "Downtown Las Vegas." Loaded with dozens of hotels and casinos to choose from, this is the place to be for inexpensive food, entertainment and gambling.
For those seeking the right atmosphere
Alright, let's be honest. Most of us go to Vegas for the lively atmosphere, free drinks and unique surroundings. If the picture-perfect Vegas scene is what you're looking for, head to the following casinos:
- The Venetian. The Venetian has one of the best-decorated casinos in all of Vegas. Some of the lavish details of the casino include marble floors, hand-painted ceilings and impeccable furnishings. The atmosphere is exciting, so much so that you can feel the energy from the moment you walk in the door.
- Mandalay Bay. The casino at Mandalay Bay is super spacious and has a tropical and exotic vibe to it. They even have a Beachside Casino — a perfect place to gamble in your flip-flops and bikini. Overall, the casino is well-kept, has up-to-date slots and an abundance of cocktail waitresses.
As you can see, there's something for everyone in Vegas. Whether you're a high roller hoping to win big, a penny pincher just hoping to stay in the game or simply looking for the best atmosphere, Vegas is the place to be.
More on Las Vegas
5 Best spas in Las Vegas
5 Great Vegas restaurants for foodies
Top 6 Las Vegas strip hotels