Whether you live in Southern California or are planning a visit, you must experience these amazing beach resorts and enjoy the unique features and amenities each has to offer. Staycation or vacation -- you deserve some fun in the hot California sun, as a couple or with your family!
The La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club is one of California's most treasured beachfront resorts and has been family owned and operated for more than 75 years. Guests of the La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club are invited to enjoy and relax at one of Southern California's only private beaches, which is just steps from the spacious and family friendly oceanfront suites and guest rooms. With a total of 98 guest rooms and premium amenities, this landmark Hacienda-style resort is the epitome of timeless elegance, grace and tradition.
Location: La Jolla, California
- The grounds — 14 acres — feature the world-famous La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club, the 128-room La Jolla Shores Hotel and the historic Marine Room restaurant.
- A private beach that offers beach umbrellas, lounges, fire pits, BBQ's and full-service beach catering.
- 14 championship tennis courts with world-class tennis programs and tournaments.
- Nine-hole par-3 golf course.
- Heated outdoor private swimming pool.
- New California Turndown Service, which includes a special California wine chosen by advanced sommelier Lisa Redwine with artisan sweets from Chuao Chocolatier.
- Guests are welcomed to start new traditions with their families with the help of the Family Traditions package.
Nestled on a 150-foot bluff with cascading views of the Pacific Ocean, the Ritz-Carlton in Laguna Niguel was the first luxury beach resort built on the Orange County coast in Southern California. This premiere resort offers guests a family friendly destination with a touch of luxury, style, serenity and sophistication. You'll feel like true royalty at the Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel.
Location: Orange County, California
- One of the ultimate family beach destinations in Southern California.
- Special overnight and day packages offered to customize your experience.
- Multiple dining experiences from the famous 180blu, which offers a panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean, to Raya, the innovative restaurant concept by acclaimed Chef Richard Sandoval, which showcases Pan-Latin coastal cuisine.
- The Bar at The Ritz-Carlton offers guests a beautiful ocean view while sipping cocktails.
- Highly prestigious meeting facilities for business functions, events and weddings.
Truly a place like no other, the Resort at Pelican Hill welcomes guests, visitors and some of the world's most discerning travelers to a special "Italian Seaside Village" on the coast of Newport Beach in Southern California. The relaxed atmosphere of the resort is inspired by 16th century Italian architect Andrea Palladio, who is known for his grand homes across the Venetian countryside.
Location: Newport Beach, California
- Family friendly fun at Crystal Cove state beach and Camp Pelican for kids.
- Ocean views from every vantage point of the resort.
- Ocean-view bungalows and villas offer a luxurious experience.
- Breathtaking Coliseum Pool with views of the grounds, golf course, and Pacific coast and which is a perfect circle — 136 feet across.
- Fazio golf course offers 36 holes with amazing views of the Pacific Ocean.
- Heated, ocean-view terrace and grill makes you feel like you're in paradise while dining in the fresh air.
Step inside your own personal beach house while staying at Shutters On The Beach in the cozy, relaxed beach town of Santa Monica. Feel welcomed and at home in this beach-chic resort while enjoying the sand and Pacific Ocean right at your feet.
Location: Santa Monica, California
- Casual comfort and a relaxing beach experience.
- All guests have access to the Malibu to Manhattan Beach bike path, paddle tennis, volleyball and yoga on the sand.
- Alfresco dining, a serene beachside spa experience or a private cabana with a TV and mini-fridge while lounging by the pool.
More California travel
Romantic escapes: B&Bs along the Southern California coast
Best family camping spots in California
7 Best theme parks in California