Las Vegas, aptly nicknamed named Sin City, attracts travelers with the promise of a raucous weekend filled with gambling and debauchery. While that can definitely be accomplished in this casino-filled wonderland, there is also a lot to do without ever putting a single quarter into a slot machine.
If you're looking to see a show, you've come to the right place. Las Vegas has no shortage of performances, ranging from burlesque to acrobatics to concerts. You can catch almost any kind of musical act or entertainment that you're in the mood for.
- The Cirque du Soleil productions offer awe-inspiring acts, props and performances, including high-wire acts, cabarets and more. Currently, seven different shows are running at hotels throughout Las Vegas.
- For musical entertainment, The Colosseum at Caesars Palace boasts a lineup of resident artists that can't be beat. Superstars like Elton John, Shania Twain, Celine Dion and Rod Stewart routinely perform at this venue, along with comedian Jerry Seinfeld. Check the website for current performers and special appearances.
- The ladies might want to head over to Excalibur Hotel and Casino to take in Australia's Thunder from Down Under. This Chippendale-type show definitely provides a healthy share of eye candy and amazing abs, perfect for a bachelorette party.
Fun for all ages
Over the years, the Las Vegas hotels have done more to provide a family-friendly atmosphere. Although these attractions may be aimed at children, they're are just as much fun for the adults as the kids.
- At New York New York Hotel and Casino, you can ride the roller coaster at speeds of 67 miles per hour with the twists and turns of a simulated barrel roll. At heights of 203 feet, you'll see the strip from a whole different point of view.
- If you want more rides, head down the strip to the Stratosphere Casino, Hotel and Tower for a real thrill. These attractions, with scary names like Insanity, Big Shot and X-Scream, are perched atop the tower more than 1,000 feet in the air and are sure to get your heart racing.
- At Adventuredome, the indoor theme park at Circus Circus, you'll feel like you're at the carnival. There's a midway with games and prizes, an arcade, rides and live circus acts.
- Visit Shark Reef Aquarium, Mandalay Bay's exotic underwater world full of sea creatures spread over 14 exhibits. The aquarium has 15 species of sharks and more than 100 other species on display; some you can even get your hands on in the Touch Pool.
More travel ideas
7 Outdoor adventure getaways for couples
Spend the day in Santa Barbara
What to do and see in Prague