Aprons For Mini Chefs
Get the kids involved in the kitchen and start them off learning from the pro. With this cooking apron, kids will love to dress up like mommy and make a contribution to a meal. Education.com shows us how kids can learn about different kitchen items while having a ton of fun.
What you'll need
- Kid's fabric apron (available at Michael's Craft Store)
- Fabric markers
- Iron-on food pictures or patches
- Optional: fabric glue
Putting it all together
- Help your child plan the design of the apron. Teach her healthy fruit and vegetable names, or have her name some of her favorites. You can refer to grocery ads for pictures.
- Using a fabric marker, your child can write her name and something catchy like "Mom's Helper" or "Junior Chef" on the front of the apron.
- Now decorate the apron by drawing her favorite fruits and vegetables with the fabric markers.
- If you have iron-on food pictures, iron those on according to the instructions for your child. If you have food patches, you can iron or glue them onto the apron.