Fairy Deep Pockets
Who doesn't get excited about the tooth fairy? With this craft from ZiggityZoom.com, you can help your kids create a safe place to put their teeth so that the tooth fairy will easily be able to find and exchange the teeth for a special surprise.
What you'll need
- Small piece of Felt in desired color
- Small piece of White Felt for "Tooth" shape
- Fabric Glue Glitter Glue (optional)
- Scissors Needle & Thread (optional)
- Sticky back Velcro (just a tiny piece needed)
Putting it all together
- Cut colored Felt strip 3" x 8.5 " long. You will be folding over the top 1 1/2 " as a flap, so you will need to round the edges to a soft, rounded point.
- Cut out pattern for Tooth and then trace onto white Felt and cut out.
- Fold colored strip of Felt over to make a Pocket, but leave the top 1 1/2 inch loose so it will be able to fold over. We used fabric glue to seal the sides of the "pocket" but you may also choose to do straight "hand stitches" with needle and thread. If gluing, make sure you use enough of the fabric glue and set something heavy on top of the edges so you get a proper bond.
- When dry, glue the tooth into place on the front of the Tooth Fairy pocket and fold down the flap and attach the velco so that the flap can be opened or closed using the velcro closure.
- For an extra "fairy" effect, apply some glitter glue to the tooth, using the tip of your finger. Let dry.
Related ideas and tips: