Free To Love
Love is in the air... but what to do when your budget is limited? Sure, you're probably stressed about the pressure to indulge and overspend to show how much you care. But don't worry -- ING Direct USA shared with SheKnows a few fun tips to help you show your sweetie pie how much you care.
1. Love don't cost a thing at home
When you really stop to think about it, dishing out big bucks for one day to show the significant other in your life how much you care is plain silly! Why not celebrate at home by cooking their favorite meal, dim the lights and set the mood, wear their favorite outfit, prepare their favorite drink, shut the television off and enjoy each other. Trust us -- a little goes a long way.
2. ReminisceIf you were not blessed with talent in the kitchen and are afraid to burn down the house, try taking them to the place where you had your first date. It's a thoughtful gesture and totally romantic! The restaurant would ideally not be too expensive and besides it's a great way to bring back memories and re-kindle the flame.
3. Sweet dealsLocal retailers typically offer special V-Day rates, menus and discounts for you and a loved one. Take the time to research ahead of time and take advantage of the "buy one get one free" deal for you and your sweetie pie. Don't forget to look beyond the typical restaurant date. Other local destinations such a spas, attraction parks, skating rinks, and even cooking classes often offer Valentine's Day special discount for couples!
4. Make sweet musicRemember those mix tapes and love CD's you used to make back in the day? Well show your sweetheart how much you really care and create your own mix with updated song that reminds you of your sweetie. If CD's are too passé for you, try uploading the newly created mix directly to their iPod. This way they can listen to it whenever and be reminded of your love!
5. Spread the love and play cupid!
No cuddle bear to show how much you care? -- No worries, V-Day is also a day to show your family, friends, and even co-workers how much you care. Why not organize a potluck dinner and have everyone bring something. It could be fun to have people guess who brought what type of food, not to mention it would be a great way to start conversations between your guests. Who knows…That special someone you're looking for could be a part of the group!
To learn more about keeping your money in your pocket visit ING DIRECT USA
For more ways to save and love on SheKnows:
The opinions expressed in this article are of the author and the author alone. They do not reflect the opinions of SheKnows, LLC or any of its affiliates and they have not been reviewed by an expert in a related field or any member of the SheKnows editorial staff for accuracy, balance or objectivity. Content and other information presented on the Site are not a substitute for professional advice, counseling, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical or mental health advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on SheKnows. SheKnows does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.