1. CoffeeSpending $4 a day on your latte, with approximately 260 workdays in a year, adds up to $1040 annually. Brew your own at home and carry it with you in a travel mug instead.
2. ManicuresThe average manicure costs about $20. One a week comes to another $1040 annually. Invest in a manicure kit and quality nail polish, and do your nails at home instead.
3. Bottled waterSpending a dollar a day on bottled water adds up to $365 a year, and is murder on the environment. Use a filter on your tap at home instead.
4. CigarettesAt a national average of $4.64 per pack, pack-a-day smokers spend about $1694 annually on their dirty little habit. Quit now and save your cash -- and your health.
5. Lunching outWeekday lunches at $9 each will cost you about $2350 a year. Pack a lunch instead. Cut these things out of your daily expenses and save $6489 a year!
The opinions expressed in this article are of the author and the author alone. They do not reflect the opinions of SheKnows, LLC or any of its affiliates and they have not been reviewed by an expert in a related field or any member of the SheKnows editorial staff for accuracy, balance or objectivity. Content and other information presented on the Site are not a substitute for professional advice, counseling, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical or mental health advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on SheKnows. SheKnows does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.