Snacks For Kids
If you have kids that just can't wait for dinner, here are some healthy snacks to keep them satisfied until dinner is on the table!
Before leaving in the mornings, set up an assortment of healthy snacks for the kids to chose from when they get home:
- A bowl of washed fruit, preferably blueberries, strawberries or raspberries (frozen is fine).
- Cut up veggies, those deep in color offer the best nutritional value.
- Granola bars -- look for the ones that say: "No trans-fat."
- When dinner time comes around, whatever they eat, use the pizza cutter on it, everything is cut up easily and you can control the size.
- If they are old enough, let them help to decide on the snacks, even if their choices may sound odd to us. If they will eat it and it's nutritious, give it a try.
- Instead of plain graham cracker cookies, add peanut butter to the top and a sprinkle of either raisins or a few slithers of almonds.