Create a holiday to remember by planning your vacation around your family's favourite hobbies. Whether it's sport and fitness, food or even shopping, there's an Australian road trip your whole family will love.
The key to creating a family holiday that has everyone excited is to incorporate the things that you all have a mutual interest in. From there, you can find activities for everyone — for example, you can incorporate your love for tennis, golf, hiking or even music.
Whether your family is into adventurous activities or the arts, you can plan your whole trip around one shared love. We know it can be hard to find one passion in a family of individuals, so consider these questions to create a fabulous family road trip:
- What do you and the kids love to do together on a weekend?
- What do you most talk about as a family, e.g. the latest footy scores or the latest episode of MasterChef?
- What activities are appropriate based on your children's ages?
- How far do you want to travel?
- How long do you want to go for?
- How many stops do you want to make?
- What is your budget?
Here are some ideas to get you started.
Image: Windsor Tennis Club Belfats/Flickr
Image: Nicki Mannix/Flickr
"How is it made?" factory tours
Image: Vernon Fowler/Flickr
Image: Hadi Zaher/Flickr
More family holidays
Old-school car games to play on your road trip
12 Awesome family travel blogs to follow
Tips for travelling solo with your kids