For many of us, the Christmas tree is one of the highlights of the holiday season. Sparkly and bright, it stands steadfast like a beacon guiding our friends and family into the warmth and love of our home. But a festive tree can take many forms, so we've gathered some creative tree ideas inspired by Pinterest favourites!
Christmas is surely the most traditional holiday of the year, and the Christmas tree is generally a large part of the tradition. Tree toppers and ornaments often have sentimental significance, and a family may even have an established tree-trimming custom. Here are just a few great ideas from Pinterest pins to help you decorate your traditional tree.
- A whimsical touch. Revisit your youth with a trip to candy cane lane by adding oversized candies and gingerbread ornaments to your tree. Or perhaps a trio of Christmas present trees is more your style. Three brightly decorated conifers in a unique boxed presentation will remind you of the wind-up toys of years ago.
- Rustic charm. A real pine tree embellished with wooden ornaments or a sparsely decorated tree that highlights the tree's natural beauty are both simple and charming.
- Perfectly white. Create a warm glow to your tree by adding only white lights and clear or white ornaments.
The alternative tree
If having a fully decorated evergreen in your home isn't possible or even not having one in every room of your house, don't fret, as it's possible to evoke the same festive spirit by accenting your home with a Christmas tree alternative! Here are some cool, modern options pinned on Pinterest.
Who says a Christmas tree has to be green? The holiday season is a magical time of year, so why not consider a colourful option instead? These are a few popular re-pinned ideas.
- Pretty pink. For the pink lover, a tree with soft pink branches decorated with iridescent balls and clear lights is simply perfect.
- Dreaming of a white Christmas? A white Christmas tree is a pretty choice and a great backdrop for almost any decorating scheme! Try layers of bright ornaments for a funky contrast; opt for a complete white and silver theme for a contemporary feel; or keep it soft and romantic with pink ornaments and flowers.
- Go bold with your favourite colour, such as a purple branch tree covered in white, silver and pink.
More on Christmas trees
Which Christmas tree is right for you?
Homemade Christmas tree ornaments
Tips for cutting down your own Christmas tree