Repurpose old 2-liters into a cute pumpkin bird feeder (VIDEO)
Use materials you have to make a DIY bird feeder that's perfect for fall
Decorate your home with a fall-themed bird feeder to get even the birds into the holiday season.
- Two 2-liter bottles
- Orange paint
- Green paint
- X-Acto knife
- Cut out the bottom of one of the bottles so that it is 2 inches tall.
- Cut out the bottom of the second bottle so that it is 4 inches tall.
- Drill 2 small holes into the 4-inch bottle piece to string a ribbon through.
- Insert the longer bottle piece into the shorter bottle piece.
- Drill holes for a perch.
- Cut out a 1-1/2 inch hole on each side for the birds to get the food from.
- Cut a leaf shape out of the leftover plastic.
- Paint the leaf and dowel green.
- Paint the bottle pieces orange to create a little plastic pumpkin.
- Once dry, assemble everything. Add the ribbon, glue on the leaf, push the two bottle pieces together, add the dowel and then add the bird feed.
Other fall crafts
DIY fruit-filled cornucopias make the cutest Thanksgiving place settings
Are these DIY sparkling centerpieces gourd-geous or what?
How to make adorable pumpkins out of buttons