Now that spring is in full bloom, I decided it was time to overhaul my skin care routine and change things up. Whenever the seasons are changing, I always find that my skin tends to be on the drier side. Dry skin means dry lips too, and I am consistently reaching for my lip balm and start stashing extras in the car and in my bag.
Maybe it comes from being out in the sun more often and soaking in some vitamin D, but either way I decided it was high time to make my own set of lip glosses so they would be customized to my own preferences. While doing a little bit of research I discovered making lip balms at home is actually surprisingly simple to do!
All you need are the bases and a little bit of flavor and you are good to go!
1. Start by scooping 1 teaspoon of coconut oil into your mixing bowl.
It may not seem like much but this recipe works out to fill two small containers.
2. Next, add in 1 teaspoon of petroleum jelly.
3. Toss it in the microwave for 30 seconds or until the mixture is melted.
If it isn't all quite melted, simply stir it together until it is completely combined.
4. Grab your favorite drink mix and stir it in as it dissolves into the mixture.
I chose pink lemonade flavor because it is one of my favorites and I wanted a pretty pink color for the finished balm.
5. Carefully pour the melted lip balm into your empty container.
I used containers I received from makeup counters as samples. These worked perfectly since they come with a screw-on top.
6. Let it set for at least an hour or until the mixture hardens in the container.
Now you have a yummy, smooth lip gloss for the new spring weather. I loved how quick and easy it was to use these ingredients I found right in my cabinet. The finished lip gloss is shiny and looks beautiful in the little pots. I hope you try it out, and don't forget to tell your friends.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!