Share this Story

Samsung users beware: This girl's phone caught on fire

Jana Randall is a busy mother, loving wife, and active career woman from Arizona. In her free time, Jana writes to cover topics on home, living, and pets, while also working full time and blogging. As interests, Jana enjoys reading, wr...

What would you do if your pillow caught on fire because of an overheated cellphone?

It's something we all do — scroll through our feeds before bed, set the alarm clock on our cell and tuck it under our pillow for safekeeping (or to listen for a late-night bootycall text). Well, you may want to find another place for your phone at night. As this video shows, a 13-year-old girl's Samsung cell phone literally set her pillow and bed on fire after overheating under her pillow.

Consumer beware; Samsung claims that the battery was a replacement and not the original cell's battery, and also made note of the warning label cautioning of possible overheating. Always double-check packaging and warning labels for all of your technological devices to help keep you and your family safe.

More in technology news

Finally! An emoji app that adds diversity
10 Ways you aren't getting the most out of your smartphone
How to rescue your iPhone's battery life

Follow Us

SheKnows Media ‐ Beauty and Style

New in Living

And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .

SheKnows is making some changes!

b h e a r d !

Welcome to the new SheKnows Community,

where you can share your stories, ideas

and CONNECT with millions of women.

Get Started