If you are tired of your old doormat (the design, the dirt, the color, the style), then paint it. I simply turned my old mat over and painted letters on it and I confess, I love it even more than when it was new.
1. Create your design on paper. I used Microsoft Word for mine, but you can simply use copy paper and draw on it. Play around with the design until a smile creeps in, then you know you are ready to draw it on the doormat.
2. With a pencil, draw your design on the mat, pressing lightly at first in case you need to erase any oopsies. Make the letters thick.
3. With the fabric paint, paint the outline of the letters.
4. With the brush, fill in the letters and/or shapes.
5. Let it dry for 12-24 hours, then marvel at your work.
Yep, just five steps and you have a new doormat, economically created. Upcycled. And, if your current doormat is in great condition, then maybe you want to turn it into a two-sided mat. Just turn it over and paint your very own design on the back. My painted design has held up great and it's already been a month since it's been in use. The best part is that you can claim this...
More DIY Projects:
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!